"My First Island" Harvey Cedars by jelw
Harvey Cedars Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 23 photos
My first memory of Hary Cedars is at 5 years of age. Our family visit was over, I did not want to leave. In and of itself not so unusual to want the vacation to continue. What made this unique was that at the age of 5 I decided I was not willing to leave and understood that I needed to come up with an acceptable plan for my mom. My new friend Billy (an old man at 7 years of age) and I conspired. It worked! I spent the next week living with Billy's family. I returned with or without my family virtually every year since. To this day I am friends of this Harvey Cedars family. They are part of the founding history of this little Island town and an inextricable part of my life.
Many summers were spent in the surf here and in later years I could not bear to leave even at the end of the summer.
I lived here year round for many years. The allure of the dunes off season became even stronger than the summer waves.
Harvey Cedars was home to many of my firsts. My first memory of catching a wave, of building a sand castle, going fishing, a Nooney burger, soft serve ice cream and so much more.
I have not lived here for more than a decade now; I still go back for a walk on the beach, to visit a friend or sail the barnegat bay.
This page will be under construction perpetually.
- Pros:All my loved ones and my beloved 80th St. beach
- Cons:paved paradise and put up a parking lot
- In a nutshell:Beautiful natural beaches, too many houses.
I grew up here. This is where the fisherman go. Back in the day we used to push the tables back and dance. Now it is a... more travel advice
Barnegat Light named for the lighthouse standing at the inlet. Regular tours are still ongoing. The recently (2003) just... more travel advice
jelw's Related Pages
Harvey Cedars Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Harvey Cedars
- 9 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Harvey Cedars?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harvey Cedars
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Cookies for Hansi (Waalewiener)"
- Commented on one of KarenandCory's Harvey Cedars travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "I remember when, Do you?"
- updated a Harvey Cedars Travelogue "I remember when, Do you?"
- Wrote a Review A block for every bar in Harvey Cedars Nightlife
Photos in Harvey CedarsSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Onancock Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos
- Key West Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hana Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chincoteague Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hope Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Rome Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Virginia Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maui Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos