"Under Construction" London by jelw

London Travel Guide: 23,494 reviews and 49,597 photos

London Sights and Happenings...

London is a magnificent city. I have just touched on a few of the things to do in these pages.

The Palace
A tourist destination that should be also classed as a warning/trap yet it is a must see.
The crowds while we were there were huge. If you would like to amble about taking in the architecture and statues it would be best to visit when the guard is not changing.

London Bridges the Monarchy and plebian pleasures.

If you are a "Royal" fan, anglophile or just a pub crawler there is something for everyone in this great city.
There are many tips and pages on all the most popular sites in London throughout Virtual Tourist. I will attempt to focus on some of the lessor known "tips" in my pages.

• Pros:beautiful active city
  • Cons:too much McOxford shopping, like the U.S.
  • In a nutshell:Fantastic little alleys, historicals sites and activities
  • Last visit to London: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 26, 2005

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Mmmm, the Cock & Lion Pub sounds like my kind of place! Will have to check it out next time I get to London. I hear the food is quite good in the crypt of St-Martin-in-the-Fields.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Nice to see your view of London = a great tourist city indeed!

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2005 at 9:54 AM

Great tips Jill. I am heading to London this January and I have put a tip of yours in my DIY guide. Thanks, Kat

• arv1's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2005 at 3:50 PM

Jill!! What a great start, you highlighted places to see that I would not have thought to see...even though I live here!! :)

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2005 at 5:17 AM

Hi Jill, excellent London pages, glad you enjoyed yourself here. fergy.

• Spincat's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 3:05 AM

Lovely pictures Jill - you like the part of London I like for shopping and pubs/cafes etc. The chain shops are encroaching even there though!

jelw

“Go in Peace, Come back in one piece.”

Badges & Stats in London