State of Queensland Things to Do Tips by robertgaz
State of Queensland Things to Do: 313 reviews and 676 photos
Twin Waters Beach
Maroochydore is a small town with a very popular surf beach and is located about 100km's north of Brisbane.
Surfers Paradise is a suburb of the Gold Coast known as 'Surfers'. It is one of the many golden white beaches that stretch for over 60km's from Beenleigh near Brisbane to Tweed Heads on the New South Wales border.
It is a premier holiday destination for families or for couples looking for a romantic getaway.
The most unique feature of Surfer's Paradise is that you can walk off the beach right into the heart of the CBD with shops, restaurants and cafes close by.
Springbrook is a national park iabout 78k'sm south of Brisbane and is part of the World Heritage site Central Eastern Rainforest Reserves.
In all three sections of Springbrook National Park (Springbrook Plateau, Natural Bridge and the Cougals) you can picnic, study nature and enjoy a wide range of walks in a beautiful, natural environment. Springbrook Plateau section has many lookouts with spectacular views.
The absolutely pristine Wheeler Island which is a part of a group of tiny islets comprising the Family Islands north of Hinchinbrook Island.
Firstly, let me put the record straight by advising all readers that the correct spelling for Goold Island, is Goold Island and not Gould Island as suggested on these travel pages ;~)
Goold Island is a national park in Queensland and is close to the northern tip of Hinchinbrook Island. Because of the remoteness, it is one of my favourite getways down under.
South Mission Beach
South Mission Beach is a beachfront town with over 14km's of magnificent golden sandy beaches.
In many places, the rainforest literally fringes the long stretches of pristine golden beach.
Lying off the coast of north tropical Queensland, Hinchinbrook is Australia's largest island national park.
It is an area of breathtaking beauty with lush tropical forests and granite peaks rising 1000m out of the sea above unspoilt golden beaches and sandy bays.
The Whitsunday Islands is a National Park and are a group of subtropical islands off the coast of Queensland between Townsville and Mackay.
The islands were named by James Cook in 1770 as he believed he passed through the area on the Christian festival day of Whit Sunday. We now accept that he didn't actually pass through on this date as the International Date Line didn't exist at the time.
There are many beautiful island groups with some stunning beaches and clear waters where you can swim snorkel and camp. Some islands even have large resorts.
Sarina is at the heart of the Sugar Coast about 37km's south of Mackay.
From the surrounding cane fields, Sarina produces molasses, ethyl alcohol as well as sugar.
Four Mile Beach
Port Douglas is a major tourist town in Far North Queensland about 70km's north of Cairns. The town is spread along Four Mile Beach with some big resorts along the way the world-class Sheraton Mirage.
Port Douglas is right next to two very well known World Heritage areas, the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest. Numerous companies run daily trips to the outer reef and the Low Isles for scuba diving and snorkelling.
On 4 September 2006 the "Crocodile Hunter", Steve Irwin died at Batt Reef, off Port Douglas, after a stingray barb went through his chest into his heart while filming a documentary called The Ocean's Deadliest.
robertgaz's Related Pages
State of Queensland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queensland the Place to Be"
- "♫ HERE COMES THE SUN! ♫ ♫"
- "The Sunshine State"
- "The State of Queensland"
- "AMBERLEY AIR SHOW 2008"
- "Australia Zoo - Aussie animals"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Queensland
- Hotels in State of Queensland
- Transportation in State of Queensland
- Nightlife in State of Queensland
- Restaurants in State of Queensland
- Shopping in State of Queensland
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Queensland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Queensland
- 140 Reviews
- 592 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to State of Queensland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Queensland
Photos in State of QueenslandSee All Photos (592)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos