"Well preserved houses from the middle ages" Top 5 Page for this destination Monschau by robertgaz

Monschau Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 304 photos

Monschau

One of my favourite places to visit in Germany is the beautiful medieval town of Monschau. It is located in the hilly Eifel area of North Rhineland-Westphalia about 30km's south of Aachen near the Dutch-German border.

Monschau has remarkably well preserved houses that are centuries old and the town is surrounded by a peaceful, hilly landscape. Some of the houses are half timbered and brightly coloured with high slate roofs.

Many thanks to all my VT friends who have visited and rated these Monschau page to make it my second Top 5 page :~)

Map of Monschau

I have circled Monschau on the map.

• Last visit to Monschau: Jun 2000
  • Intro Updated Jul 11, 2006

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2008 at 9:05 PM

lots of lovely halftimbered houses here and great Zwickelbier, thanks for sharing !

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Hi, I will be visiting Aachen in May -- if time permits, I may need to try a Zwickelbier in Monschau. Thanks for the great tips and photos! Best from New Jersey, Bill

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 8:30 AM

Ah cobbled streets & quaint housing = I thought you visited during a flood = but no its a river running through!!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2006 at 1:29 AM

Ahh, you also have a Monschau page :-) It seems like a gem, and I just learnd from Wal about it :-) Zwickelbeer - my god how less do I know about my own country :-))

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2006 at 11:29 PM

travellers are funny people don't you think?! or shall I say VT travellers..meeting indirectly at the same place. I like your Monschau page, with Eifel Zwickel and Schlehen..makes me a lil homesick!! here we go again..3 elder girls, priceless

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 6:47 PM

This is a beautiful place, love the houses and the beer of course!!! Was it any good btw?

• alexprofi's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2006 at 3:57 AM

Very beautiful city...I it has reminded belgian Brugge

• Dec 5, 2005 at 10:47 PM

Love these little German towns! Nice page - and you're right - shame about the Egyptian brassware shop! LOL!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 3:31 AM

Never been there...shame on me!

robertgaz

“My WAy's the byWAys of W.A.'s highWAys...”

Badges & Stats in Monschau

Have you been to Monschau?

Latest Activity in Monschau