"Sittard, Netherlands" Sittard by robertgaz
Sittard Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 22 photos
Sittard has a population of about 50,000 and is a major town in the southern Dutch province of Limburg.
It is situated in the narrowest part of the Netherlands and is bang on the Dutch-German border. You can easily walk between the Netherlands and Germany just by crossing the street.
The only way you can tell that you have entered a new country is by a border post telling you which country you are in. Sittard is also only a few kilometres from Belgium.
Savour the ancient ambience of a historical pub by enjoying a cold local beer at the Cafe "de Gats" anno 1530.
robertgaz's Related Pages
Sittard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sittard, Netherlands"
- "Small town worth an hour or more"
- "Sittard Geleen"
- "A friendly little town in the South"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sittard
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Sittard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sittard
Photos in SittardSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos