"Zierikzee" Zierikzee by robertgaz
Zierikzee Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 84 photos
Zierikzee is a small town dating back to 1248 and is located in the Dutch province of Zeeland.
In the early 1950's Zierikzee was damaged by catastrophic floods in which many people lost their lives. It is now protected by massive dykes built as a part of the Delta Works.
The Delta Works are a number of major construction projects that were built between 1950 and 1997 in the southwest of the Netherlands to protect the land from the North Sea.
The American Society of Civil Engineers has declared the works to be one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
robertgaz's Related Pages
Zierikzee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zierikzee, a small city with monumental value"
- "MUNICIPALITY OF SCHOUWEN -- DUIVELAND."
- "Zierikzee, Holland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zierikzee
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Zierikzee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zierikzee
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos