"Glenorchy" Top 5 Page for this destination Glenorchy by robertgaz
Glenorchy Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 129 photos
Glenorchy is a small town nestled in spectacular scenery on Lake Wakatipu in New Zealand's south Island. It is approximately 45km's by road from Queenstown.
Glenorchy is a popular tourist spot, close to many tramping tracks. It lies near the borders of Mount Aspiring National Park and Fiordland National Park.
The local scenery received worldwide attention when it was used as a backdrop for the 'Lord of the Rings' films.
The road from Queenstown to Glenorchy takes about an hour along a windy road which shadows Lake Wakatipu. It's a very... more travel advice
infotrack offer full day guided tours on the world famous Routeburn Trail, which is one of New Zealand's most stunning... more travel advice
Written Oct 23, 2009
More of the Routeburn Trail
Written Nov 20, 2009
Glenorchy from the air
robertgaz's Related Pages
Glenorchy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~ Glenorchy - Gateway to the Routeburn Track ~"
- "A rural paradise"
- "Glenorchy, Otago."
- "My Favourite Part"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glenorchy
- Hotels in Glenorchy
- Transportation in Glenorchy
- Restaurants in Glenorchy
- Shopping in Glenorchy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glenorchy
- 4 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Glenorchy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glenorchy
Photos in GlenorchySee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos