"Exmouth, Western Australia" Top 5 Page for this destination Exmouth by robertgaz

Exmouth Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 236 photos

Ningaloo Reef

Exmouth is right on the tip of North West Cape in WA over 1,200 km's north of Perth. It is very remote and was originally built in 1964 as a support town for the U.S. Naval Communications Station, Harold E Holt.

The population of Exmouth is about 2,400 but between April to October each year these numbers swell to about 6,000 when tourists head for warmer northern climes.

The Ningaloo Marine Park is next to the Cape Range National Park and runs along some 260 kilometres of coastline. At the closest point the reef is about 100m from the shore.

The secluded beaches of the west coast have the most pristine and clear aqua blue waters with white capped waves breaking over the reef and some of the most gorgeous pure white sandy beaches to be found anywhere on this planet.

At Ningaloo Reef you will experience some of the best diving and snorkelling anywhere. Regular visitors such as whale sharks, manta rays and migrating whales will back me up on that claim.

Map of Cape Range

... I hope you dropped by at Monkey Mia on your way to Exmouth.

Turquoise Bay

Come for a swim an explore what lives beneath the waves in crystal clear water at pristine Turquoise bay

• Pros:Great diving, snorkelling and fishing.
  • Cons:A long drive from anywhere.
  • In a nutshell:Pristine beaches, reef and national park.
  • Last visit to Exmouth: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 1, 2006

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Plenty of water activities to do here. Would love to see the Whale sharks for real!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Great underwater pics I would just end up with a soggy camera!

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2008 at 1:17 AM

Lovely videos Robert. Your daughter, I think is the star mermaid of the films!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2008 at 9:10 AM

Great underwater photos, but the whales are the stars! Loved the videos - well done VT on adding this facility :) Closest I got to whales was Tofino but only stills to show for the experience - & memories ;))

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 3:59 PM

Hi Robert, I have just viewed your video on Exmouth where you had a whale of a time with a close encounter. Great stuff. Thank you.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Off to Exmouth tomorrow for more snorkelling! And yes, I guess I'll have a monster ball for my birthday. Forgot how big the critters are here...

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2007 at 7:19 AM

Oh, those blue seas and skies......Not much of that here!!!!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2007 at 10:18 PM

Mmm, couldn't help but think that tips 2,3,7,8 had a sort of sameness about them. Nice pics. Cheers.

• grets's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2007 at 9:30 AM

I would love to snorkel with Whale Sharks, maybe Exmouth is where I should be heading for. Great page Robert.

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2007 at 12:29 AM

Exmouth ! I knew it for business reasons and from maps ; I will have to dive there one day; nice underwater pictures and Yardie creek seems worth the walk. I enjoyed my little tour Robert! Merci.

robertgaz

“My WAy's the byWAys of W.A.'s highWAys...”

Badges & Stats in Exmouth

Have you been to Exmouth?

Latest Activity in Exmouth