"Exmouth, Western Australia" Top 5 Page for this destination Exmouth by robertgaz
Exmouth Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 236 photos
Exmouth is right on the tip of North West Cape in WA over 1,200 km's north of Perth. It is very remote and was originally built in 1964 as a support town for the U.S. Naval Communications Station, Harold E Holt.
The population of Exmouth is about 2,400 but between April to October each year these numbers swell to about 6,000 when tourists head for warmer northern climes.
The Ningaloo Marine Park is next to the Cape Range National Park and runs along some 260 kilometres of coastline. At the closest point the reef is about 100m from the shore.
The secluded beaches of the west coast have the most pristine and clear aqua blue waters with white capped waves breaking over the reef and some of the most gorgeous pure white sandy beaches to be found anywhere on this planet.
At Ningaloo Reef you will experience some of the best diving and snorkelling anywhere. Regular visitors such as whale sharks, manta rays and migrating whales will back me up on that claim.
Come for a swim an explore what lives beneath the waves in crystal clear water at pristine Turquoise bay
- Pros:Great diving, snorkelling and fishing.
- Cons:A long drive from anywhere.
- In a nutshell:Pristine beaches, reef and national park.
Please click on the link for a map to help find your way around Exmouth more travel advice
Navigation along the north west coast had long been known to be one of the most hazardous coastlines in this part of the... more travel advice
robertgaz's Related Pages
Exmouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Exmouth : a very remote town"
- "Exmouth, Western Australia"
- "Exmouth snorkel!"
- "Exmouth - Entrance to Ntl Parks at land and in sea"
- "Ningaloo Reef"
- "Coral Bay"
- "Extreme Bliss!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Exmouth
- Hotels in Exmouth
- Transportation in Exmouth
- Nightlife in Exmouth
- Restaurants in Exmouth
- Shopping in Exmouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Exmouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Exmouth
- 18 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Exmouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Exmouth
Videos in ExmouthSee All Videos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos