"Beerwah" Top 5 Page for this destination Beerwah by robertgaz
Beerwah Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 150 photos
Beerwah is a small town on the Sunshine Coast hinterland approximately 80km's north of Brisbane.
You can get there via the newly named Steve Irwin Way (formerly known as the Glasshouse Mountain Tourist Route), off the Bruce Highway.
Australia Zoo is the most famous attraction here but there is also the scenic Glasshouse Mountains which are nearby.
Australia Zoo was opened by Bob and Lyn Irwin in 1970 under the name Beerwah Reptile Park.
In 1991 Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin overtook management of the zoo. In 1992 the park was renamed Australia Zoo. The zoo maintains more than 1000 animals and over 550 staff.
Australia Zoo must get some very large groups that come through as their dining area is huge with tons of seating for up... more travel advice
robertgaz's Related Pages
Beerwah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Steve Irwin's dream lives forever in Beerwah"
- "Beerwah - Queensland"
- "SUNSHINE COAST"
- "Home of Australia Zoo"
- "Australia Zoo"
- "A day at Australia Zoo....Crikey!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beerwah
- Restaurants in Beerwah
- Shopping in Beerwah
- Warnings and Dangers in Beerwah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beerwah
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Beerwah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beerwah
Photos in BeerwahSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos