Bunbury Sports & Outdoors Tips by robertgaz Top 5 Page for this destination
Bunbury Sports & Outdoors: 4 reviews and 20 photos
On the 22nd October 2006 over 500 people ran or walked in the 2006 South Western Times Surf to Surf Fun Run in Bunbury. This is an important annual fundraising event for the City of Bunbury Surf Life Saving Club .
Participants have a choice of either a 10km or 5km run or a 5km walk. I was hoping for a 10km walk but as this wasn't on offer I chose the 5km walk because running holds no appeal for me at all.
The 10km runners go on their way first followed at two minute intervals by the 5km runners and then finally the 5km walkers.
After a slow start due to my loyalty to other team members in staying together they gave me leave to go faster when they realised I preferrred a more determined pace.
So I squickly et off to make up some lost ground and managed to finish 20th with a time of 39min 25sec.
Equipment: The cost is $15.00 for each participant.
Address: Bunbury Surf Life Saving Club
Directions: Back Beach, Bunbury.
Because Bunbury faces a coastline with strong and dependable prevailing sea breezes, hang gliding is an exciting sports option here. The coastal dunes are high enough with plenty of car parks to launch yourself into the wide blue yonder.
Theme: Extreme Sports
Bunbury Dive Charters offer personalised diving experiences around the Bunbury region. A very popular local attraction is the world class "Lena" dive wreck just 3nm from the coast.
The "Lena" is a pirate ship which was scuttled off Bunbury's coast during December, 2003 and is now sitting in 17m of water. This makes it very accessible to open water ticketed divers and has proven to be a popular photo site for with a myriad of fish making their home in and around the stern.
Address: Casuarina Drive, Bunbury
Directions: Bunbury Outer Harbour area
Phone: +618 9721 6070
Theme: Scuba Diving
The South West Sport Centre caters for a variety of different sports. Facilities include a 50m indoor heated olympic size pool, a 25m heated pool and a wading pool for children, a basketball stadium, squash courts, aerobics and gym facilities.
The entrance fee is $4.50 for adults and $3.50 for children.
Address: 1 Rotary Drive Bunbury
Directions: Bunbury's main sporting complex is Hay Park, approximately a 4 minute drive south of the city.
More Reviews (74)
- See All Redbacks
- See All It's on everyone's lips
- See All Roman Catholic Cemetery
- See All Bunbury Courthouse
- See All Australia Day
robertgaz's Related Pages
Bunbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bunbury, Western Australia"
- "Of Dolphins and Gnomes"
- "Bunbury, not as bad as l thought."
- "Livin in the City"
- "Bunbury - Nice stopover heading south of Perth"
- "When in Bunbury you must see nearby Gnomesville!"
- "Bunbury and its dolphins"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bunbury
- Hotels in Bunbury
- Transportation in Bunbury
- Nightlife in Bunbury
- Restaurants in Bunbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Bunbury
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lima Sports & Outdoors
- Ko Samet Sports & Outdoors
- Torino Sports & Outdoors
- Canary Islands Sports & Outdoors
- Kuwait Sports & Outdoors
- Gangtok Sports & Outdoors
- Adventure sports
- Qatar Sports & Outdoors
- Doha Sports & Outdoors
- New Orleans Sports & Outdoors
- Asheville Sports & Outdoors
- Guerneville Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Bunbury
- 78 Reviews
- 345 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 48 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Bunbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bunbury
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (75)
Latest Bunbury hotel reviews
- Lighthouse Beach Resort
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Mantra Bunbury
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Koombana Bay Holiday Resort
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- All Seasons Sanctuary Golf Resort
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Bunbury Welcome Inn Motel
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Highway Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 25, 2013
- Marlston Hill Bed And Breakfast
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Quality Hotel Lord Forrest
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Wander Inn Bunbury Backpackers
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 24, 2013
- Dolphin Retreat Bunbury
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 17, 2013
- The Rose Hotel
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013