Bunbury Favorite Tips by robertgaz Top 5 Page for this destination
Bunbury Favorites: 6 reviews and 14 photos
Shower with a view
Favorite thing: Any one that has ever spent some time at a beach anywhere can relate to sand ending up in mysterious parts of your person or of salt encrusted on your skin and bathers crackling with your every move. But to me, this is part of the attraction of going to the beach.
However, at the end of your beach day it would be convenient to be able to wash away the evidence of your ocean activities. Relax... the Bunbury City Council has provided showers every few hundred metres along Ocean Drive to make this achievable.
These showers are mostly an open air affair making it possible for you to share your cleansing with other beach goers and general passerby's. If you do feel the need for some privacy there are change rooms provided near "Hastie Street Beach" and at the "Back Beach" near the Bunbury City Surf Life Saving Club rooms.
Favorite thing: Some of the most enjoyable experiences at the beach are to be able to sit and admire the view to the horizon... to feel the sea breeze on your face and to smell the aroma's of the herbacious dune vegetation and the salt of the ocean.
The Bunbury City Council has provided jarrah (a local hardwood) shelters with benches to gratify like-minded individuals all along Ocean Drive.
Buy yourself some fish and chips and a drink to enjoy the experience even more. Be sure to buy an extra portion of chips to feed the sea gulls who enjoy these starchy treats as much as we do.
Map of Bunbury
Favorite thing: Please click on the link for a map to help find your way around Bunbury
Favorite thing: At a “Business After Hours” function for the Bunbury Chamber of Commerce and Industries, I met Barry Green who is the Managing Director for Western Tourist Radio.
Western Tourist Radio operates radio stations in East Perth , Bunbury, Busselton, Dunsborough, Cowaramup (near Margaret River) and Karridale (near Augusta) . These stations provide listeners with some really great tourist info on this region.
For any globetrotters planning to travel in this part of the world, I can highly recommend this website –
In it you will find Travellers Links, a WA Holiday Planner, Special Interest Accommodation, Events in the South West and internet cafes or Telecenters. There are also links for Products/Services, Things to do, Places to eat and Places to stay in major towns around this region.
Slip slop slap
Favorite thing: The sun down under can be fiercely hot and unrellenting causing one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world. The Slip Slop Slap campaign started way back in the 80's encouraging Aussies to protect their skin by Slipping on a shirt, Slopping on some sunscreen and Slapping on a hat.
"I love this sunburnt country,
But not a sunburnt face.
So even on a cloudy day,
Slop on sunscreen just in case."
More Reviews (73)
- See All Redbacks
- See All It's on everyone's lips
- See All Roman Catholic Cemetery
- See All Bunbury Courthouse
- See All Surf to Surf Fun Run
robertgaz's Related Pages
Bunbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bunbury, Western Australia"
- "Of Dolphins and Gnomes"
- "Bunbury, not as bad as l thought."
- "Livin in the City"
- "Bunbury - Nice stopover heading south of Perth"
- "When in Bunbury you must see nearby Gnomesville!"
- "Bunbury and its dolphins"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bunbury
- Hotels in Bunbury
- Transportation in Bunbury
- Nightlife in Bunbury
- Restaurants in Bunbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Bunbury
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bunbury
- 78 Reviews
- 345 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 48 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Bunbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bunbury
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (74)
Latest Bunbury hotel reviews
- Lighthouse Beach Resort
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
- The Rose Hotel
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Koombana Bay Holiday Resort
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Marlston Hill Bed And Breakfast
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Highway Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 25, 2013
- Quality Hotel Lord Forrest
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Wander Inn Bunbury Backpackers
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Dolphin Retreat Bunbury
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013