Darwin Local Custom Tips by robertgaz Top 5 Page for this destination
Darwin Local Customs: 10 reviews and 16 photos
The Claypot Water Bearer
On April 23rd 1982 this statue of the Claypot Water Bearer was presented to the City of Darwin by the people from the Greek island of Kalymnos.
It commemorates the founding of their "Sister City" relationship and for forging mutual cultural and commercial interests.
The Bombing of Darwin
On Mitchell Street you will come across this plaque commemorating the first ever air raid on the Australian mainland on 19th of February 1942. Darwin felt the full brunt of two devastating air raids.
The same force that destroyed Pearl Harbour 10 weeks earlier dropped twice as many bombs on an unprepared Darwin. Nearly 300 people were killed and hundreds more were wounded.
More Reviews (28)
- Mitchell Street
- See All Bicentennial Park
- Aussie Rules in the NT
- Illegal fishing vessels
robertgaz's Related Pages
Darwin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Darwin (where i live and now my home) 1997 -"
- "DARWIN AND DISTRICT"
- "Northwest Darwin"
- "Crocodylus Park"
- "Capital City Of Australia's Northern Territory"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Darwin
- Hotels in Darwin
- Transportation in Darwin
- Nightlife in Darwin
- Restaurants in Darwin
- Shopping in Darwin
- Warnings and Dangers in Darwin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Darwin
- 30 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Darwin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Darwin
Photos in DarwinSee All Photos (107)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (74)
- Jumping Croc Cruise- 10 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Mindil Beach Markets- 7 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Visit Litchfield National Park- 6 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Aviation Heritage Centre- 4 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Aquascene - Darwin Fish Feeding- 3 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Skydive- 1 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Visitor Information Centre- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos