"Darwin" Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin by robertgaz
Darwin Travel Guide: 694 reviews and 2,102 photos
Darwin is a very popular holiday destination for us "southerners" to escape our winter blues. Many overseas visitors and backpackers come to Darwin as it is the gateway to world famous Kakadu National Park and also to nearby Litchfield National Park. .
The climate in Darwin is close to perfect between May and October with warm dry days around 30C and mild nights of about 20C. The "green season" from November to April can be more challenging for visitors because of the high humidity, torrential downpours and even the occassional cyclone.
The National Parks can be closed during the wet season with some roads closed due to localised flooding. Also be aware that saltwater crocodiles can inhabit rivers and estuaries and box jellyfish are present in the sea from October to May.
The best swimming advise I got from locals it to do so only where it's tiled... just to be on the safe side from resident "salties".
Darwin is also home of the excellent Museum & Art Gallery of the Northern Territory with Aboriginal Culture, maritime history exhibits and an haunting Cyclone Tracy Gallery.
This link is a great sorce of information with what's happening in Darwin this week
Darwin is an absolute paradise for photographers to shoot some stunning sunset pics and a Sunset Harbour Cruise is highly recommended to capture some colourful day's end memories.
On April 23rd 1982 this statue of the Claypot Water Bearer was presented to the City of Darwin by the people from the... more travel advice
Mitchell Street is the heart of Darwin's CBD area with plenty of opportunity to flash your cash for some well earned... more travel advice
robertgaz's Related Pages
Darwin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Darwin (where i live and now my home) 1997 -"
- "DARWIN AND DISTRICT"
- "Northwest Darwin"
- "Crocodylus Park"
- "Capital City Of Australia's Northern Territory"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Darwin
- Hotels in Darwin
- Transportation in Darwin
- Nightlife in Darwin
- Restaurants in Darwin
- Shopping in Darwin
- Warnings and Dangers in Darwin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Darwin
- 30 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Darwin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Darwin
Photos in DarwinSee All Photos (107)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos