"Donnybrook" Donnybrook by robertgaz
Donnybrook Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 27 photos
Donnybrook is a small town situated between Boyanup and Kirup on the South Western Highway about 210km's south of Perth.
The town is the epicentre of apple growing in WA and the first Granny Smith trees were planted in 1900.
Apples blossom in October and are harvested between March and May. Many backpackers earn some spare cash by picking fruit from the many orchards in the area between November and June.
Every two years the Donnybrook Apple Festival is held during Easter with the next festival in 2010.
The Apple Funpark is the largest free entry playground in Australia and was opened in Easter 2008 in time for the... more travel advice
The Apple Funpark has six electric BBQ's that are free to use for visitors and includes tables and well shaded seating. more travel advice
robertgaz's Related Pages
Donnybrook Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE HOME OF APPLE GROWING IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA"
- "Ferguson Valley"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Donnybrook
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Donnybrook?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Donnybrook
Photos in DonnybrookSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos