"Kalbarri, Western Australia" Top 5 Page for this destination Kalbarri by robertgaz
Kalbarri Travel Guide: 176 reviews and 476 photos
Kalbarri is a fishing town and a popular holiday destination for many Western Australian families. The rugged coastline around Kalbarri is spectacular with several shipwrecks along the shore. Kalbarri is about 590 km's north of Perth and a short 45 min drive north of Geraldton. The climate is mediteranean with long hot summers and mild winters.
If you don't have kids, don't plan to visit Kalbarri during the school holidays because it may be difficult to find any accommodation.
And a warm thank you to all my VT friends who have rated my Kalbarri tips to make this my third Top 5 page :~)
From Kalbarri you should definitely head into the Kalbarri National Park, which features some beautiful gorges along the Murchison River and scenic bushwalking trails. Two of the best gorges are the Loop and the Z-Bend, with two great lookouts at Hawks Head and Ross Graham. These can easily be reached on unsealed roads by car. Between August and October each the park is carpeted with colourful wildflowers.
Take the opportunity to explore the bush and beaches around Kalbarri on these cute creatures the Arabs call ships of the desert.
- Pros:Long summers, short winters
- Cons:Bushflies and strong winds
- In a nutshell:Great family holiday destination
The sun down under can be fiercely hot and unrellenting causing one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world.... more travel advice
I'm talking nearly five years ago at the time of writing when I stayed here but at the time I did not think it was a... more travel advice
robertgaz's Related Pages
Kalbarri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Kalbarri"
- "THE JEWEL OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA'S CORAL COAST"
- "Kalbarri, Western Australia"
- "Storm in Kalbarri"
- "Kalbarri ~ Spectacular Gorges and Coastline"
- "Kalbarri, and a lot of things to do and see"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kalbarri
- Hotels in Kalbarri
- Transportation in Kalbarri
- Nightlife in Kalbarri
- Restaurants in Kalbarri
- Shopping in Kalbarri
- Warnings and Dangers in Kalbarri
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kalbarri
- 14 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Kalbarri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalbarri
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos