"Cape to Cape Walking Track" Margaret River by robertgaz

Margaret River Travel Guide: 310 reviews and 708 photos

Cape to Cape Walking Track

Update 27th August 2007 -

The Cape to Cape Walk was recently featured on Channel 7's "The Great Outdoors"

If you have the time and inclination you can walk from Cape Naturaliste in the north to Cape Leeuwin in the south. The entire Cape to Cape Walk Track is about 140 kilometres long and there is no charge to walk it.

It passes through some of the most magical rugged coastal and gentle forest scenery to be found anywhere.

The Cape to Cape Walk Track is not just for experienced walkers. It offers a range of spectacular short walks suitable for all ages and levels of fitness.

The Department of Conservation and Land Management (CALM) have sectional maps with suggested short walk options. These maps can be purchased for AU$8 from CALM Offices.

• Pros:"Quiet coves, sandy beaches and nature reserves with scenic walk trails."
  • Cons:"Limited accessible water - carry at least 2 litres per person."
  • In a nutshell:"Magical coastal and forest scenery amongst the wineries."
  • Intro Updated Aug 26, 2007

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2008 at 12:37 PM

I was puzzled to see 6 shopping tips here, but when I read them I understood ;) I like the sound of the Raging Bull beer the best but I'm not so sure about the lavender, though like you I'd be prepared to give it a try!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2008 at 8:00 AM

VERY interesting drinks!I'm not sure if I'd like to try lavender beer or chili cola, though. The walk looks wonderful!

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2008 at 4:58 AM

Another of my stops after Darwin. Thanks for the tips. Gillybob greetings

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 8:02 AM

Some interesting beverages from this region......

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 8:12 AM

Good walking tips Robert = but I only came for the beer!!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2006 at 1:35 PM

must be great for the whole family, great tips Robert..after all the walking, kicking back with a Lemon Lime..just what a girl like me loves doing

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 12:39 AM

Ahh, great !! Yes, fits perfectly to my list, and I want to go there one day - ahhh, Oz :-)

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2006 at 4:39 PM

Well, being lazy gives you reason to come back :). This walk sounds good!

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2006 at 1:16 AM

Great idea to do a hiking along the coast. Useful tip about Bush Code of Ethics... remember my OZ experience in Queenslander National Parks, I learned so much from the local rangers. By the way I miss Margaret River and its tasteful wines...

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2006 at 8:07 PM

Robert, now where is this leaping lizard wine? Lavendar wine is brewed with lavendar so lizard wine must be brewed with..

robertgaz

“My WAy's the byWAys of W.A.'s highWAys...”

Badges & Stats in Margaret River

Have you been to Margaret River?

Latest Activity in Margaret River