"Monkey Mia, Western Australia" Top 5 Page for this destination Monkey Mia by robertgaz
Monkey Mia Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 89 photos
There are no monkeys at Monkey Mia but I believe that the name is a combination of "Monkey" which was the name of a pearling ship that anchored there in the 19th century and "Mia" is a local Aboriginal word meaning place.
But you can come tome and experience the wild dolphins at Monkey Mia
...and if you've driven this far you may as well drive the extra 400 kilometres or so to Exmouth...
There is a wide variety of accommodation available at Nanga Bay Resort
Please click on the link for a map to help find your way around Monkey Mia more travel advice
Get your feet wet and up close with wild dolphin's who come in to say hello on most days. Check out this... more travel advice
robertgaz's Related Pages
Monkey Mia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dolphins To Go"
- "Monkey Mia, Western Australia"
- "Monkey Mia ~ Home of Dolphins and Pelicans"
- "Monkey Mia and Hamelin Pool"
- "Monkey Mia and Dolphins"
- "Shark Bay"
- "Monkey Mia - dolphins are there somewhere"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monkey Mia
- Hotels in Monkey Mia
- Nightlife in Monkey Mia
- Warnings and Dangers in Monkey Mia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monkey Mia
- 5 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Monkey Mia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monkey Mia
Photos in Monkey MiaSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos