"Pinjarra" Pinjarra by robertgaz
Pinjarra Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 89 photos
Pinjarra was founded in 1834 by Sir Thomas Peel and it boast some unique regional heritage sites. It is situated on the South Western Highway about 80km's south of Perth or about 100km's north of Bunbury.
In some regards Pinjarra is just another ordinary South Western town. The main industries are agriculture and the nearby Wagerup Alumina Refinery.
The beautiful and placid Murray River flows gently through the middle of town and offers many picturesque spots to picnic or barbecue. There's a pedestrian Suspension Bridge that crosses the river and you can test your wobbly boots by walking across it.
There is a short but interesting walk called the "Pathway to Pinjarra'a Past" which highlights some of the historic buildings including the original which is still in use today.
Many of these sites are along the main drag in town and very easy to find.
Go for a short drive not too far from the town of Pinjarra and explore the historical grounds of Fairbridge Village.
Here you will see historical buildings and charming cottages that date between 1921 and 1938. These now provide cosy accommodation in a rural village and bushland setting.
Fairbridge is an historic village not too far from Pinjarra. It is in a serene rural setting in the rolling foothills of... more travel advice
The Suspension Bridge is a relative newcomer on the "Pathway to Pinjarra's Past" having been built as recent as... more travel advice
robertgaz's Related Pages
Pinjarra Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Pinjarra
- Hotels in Pinjarra
- Transportation in Pinjarra
- Shopping in Pinjarra
- Warnings and Dangers in Pinjarra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pinjarra
- 11 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Pinjarra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pinjarra
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos