"Port Douglas" Port Douglas by robertgaz
Port Douglas Travel Guide: 227 reviews and 586 photos
Port Douglas is a major tourist town in Far North Queensland about 70km's north of Cairns. The town is spread along Four Mile Beach with some big resorts along the way the world-class Sheraton Mirage.
Port Douglas is right next to two very well known World Heritage areas, the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest. Numerous companies run daily trips to the outer reef and the Low Isles for scuba diving and snorkelling.
On 4 September 2006 the "Crocodile Hunter", Steve Irwin died at Batt Reef, off Port Douglas, after a stingray barb went through his chest into his heart while filming a documentary called The Ocean's Deadliest.
Port Douglas was established in 1877 after the discovery of gold and it grew very quickly from there. At its peak Port... more travel advice
robertgaz's Related Pages
Port Douglas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tropical Port Douglas"
- "Far North Queensland"
- "Tropical Delight Close To Great Barrier Reef"
- "The Only word here is WOW."
- "Paradise for some"
- "Best Home Base to see the Great Barrier Reef!"
- "Heaven on Earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Douglas
- Hotels in Port Douglas
- Transportation in Port Douglas
- Nightlife in Port Douglas
- Restaurants in Port Douglas
- Shopping in Port Douglas
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Douglas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Douglas
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Port Douglas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Douglas
Photos in Port DouglasSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos