"Springbrook National Park" Springbrook by robertgaz
Springbrook Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 119 photos
Most days start out more or less the same as any other and the 2nd of October 2006 wasn’t too much different other than a loose plan to do some bushwalking around Springbrook National Park which is about a 45min drive from the Gold Coast.
Not knowing this area well I had a vague idea of which walking trails I might tackle but I wanted to be on the scene to check out the lay of the land and make some decisions from there.
I parked my hire car at Canyon Lookout and pulled out some maps to see what’s where and how to get there. Canyon Lookout spoils visitors with outstanding views of Twin Falls, Rainbow Falls and also back to the Gold Coast on a clear day.
So it wasn’t long before some tourists pulled up and poured out of their bus. Efficiently and quickly they vied for the best positions for a photo shoot which lasted about 10min and they sped off down the hill again.
Meanwhile, I was still deciding where to go but I had managed to slop on some sunscreen and slap on a hat in preparation for the walk ahead. But before going anywhere I also wanted to take some photos of the high falls across the deep valley.
As I was framing some shots a grey haired couple came alongside and stood quietly admiring the scenery. After a few minutes they asked me if I was going to do some walking and where to. Because my plans were still formulating I ambiguously suggested most probably the Twin Falls Circuit.
The gentleman then suggested I try the Warrie Circuit instead because it included much of the Twin Falls Circuit as well. This attracted my attention as he gave the impression of someone who knew the area so I asked him a few more questions.
As it turned out the gentleman was a treasure trove of local information. He said he lived just down the road and walks the Warrie Circuit at least twice a year and he had in fact written a book as a contribution to the centenary celebrations of European settlement at Springbrook in 1906.
I was above average interested in what he had written so I asked him where these books are sold and he pointed to the café across the road. Never one to miss an opportunity I said I’d buy one if they autographed it for me which they cheerfully obliged.
The day was still unfolding and already someone had blessed it by the unexpected but welcome presence of Colin and Jane Crisp. Please read on to find out more about one perfect day for me.
- Pros:Waterfalls, rainforests, animals and plants
- Cons:Absolutely nothing
- In a nutshell:Serenity
The Wunburra Lookout is located just off the Gold Coast-Springbrook Road with views of Purling Brook Gorge, Mount Cougal... more travel advice
After passing Goomoolahra Falls and heading toward the Canyon Lookout you will come to Rainbow Falls so called because... more travel advice
robertgaz's Related Pages
Springbrook Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Springbrook National Park"
- "SPRINGBROOK & THE NATIONAL PARK"
- "Springbrook National Park!"
- "Springbrook NP"
- "Springbrook National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Springbrook
- Restaurants in Springbrook
- Shopping in Springbrook
- Warnings and Dangers in Springbrook
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Springbrook
- 22 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Springbrook?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Springbrook
Photos in SpringbrookSee All Photos (87)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 88 reviews, 394 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury Intro, 78 reviews, 345 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 43 reviews, 232 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 57 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast Intro, 46 reviews, 203 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 50 reviews, 176 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 30 reviews, 107 photos
- Stirling Range Intro, 17 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Springbrook Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 83 photos