"Lanchang" Kampong Lanchang by robertgaz

Kampong Lanchang Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 61 photos

Kuala Ganda Elephant Sanctuary

Lanchang is a small town located between Karak and Mentakab in Pahang and is accessible via the East Coast Expressway's Lanchang Interchange.

The Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation Centre is situated here and is This is the main attraction of this small town apart from agriculture.

Other atractions include Deerland and an Orang Asli Village which I did not visit on this occassion.

Durian, the king of fruit

Enroute to Lanchang on the East Coast Expressway there are many fruit stalls so take some time out and try some fresh local produce. This included the king of fruit, durian.

Traditionally cooked rice

Another specialty to be found along the way are lemang stalls which is a traditional dish of rice cooked in bamboo tubes.

• Last visit to Kampong Lanchang: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 4, 2008

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Your elephant ride looks interesting! I've always wanted to try it too, but the African elephants were not keen on it! Great tip on the Durian - I was amazed to find these huge things for sale in a supermarket two weeks ago! Still working up the courage.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2008 at 4:19 AM

I'd rather ride an elephant than taste a durian, judging from your description of both.

• Aug 28, 2008 at 4:44 AM

Nice new page! Malaysia is in my travel plans! Also i travel often in South East Asia. Nikos

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2008 at 5:12 AM

I LOVE elephants! Have never tried durian, but I reckon I'd give it a go - just to say I had ;-)

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2008 at 3:27 PM

I bet you've had lots of fun riding the elephant. Never tried that, but I tasted some durian... It wasn't as bad as expected, but it's certainly not my fav!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2008 at 12:06 AM

hmm, for this page it might be nice to have some smell-samples as well, so I could enjoy also a bit of that delicious fruit, that smells so heavenly like an asian toilet...

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Nice adventures here Robert :( but like your Daughter I would pass on the fruit!!

robertgaz

“My WAy's the byWAys of W.A.'s highWAys...”

Badges & Stats in Kampong Lanchang

Have you been to Kampong Lanchang?

Latest Activity in Kampong Lanchang