Genting Transportation Tips by robertgaz

Genting Transportation: 39 reviews and 57 photos

Counter at Station No.1 - Genting

Counter at Station No.1

Bus

The sanest way to travel between KL and the Genting Highlands is by bus which leave from KL's Puduraya station every half hour.

A one way fare is RM8.50 and this includes a ride on the Skyway cable car. The bus stops at Station No.1 which is 700m below the hilltop resorts.

Although I had to take a taxi to the Genting Highlands because I wasn't able to book a bus within a reasonable time, I had no trouble at all in finding a bus going back to KL later that day.

Mode: TO

Type: Bus

• Updated Aug 30, 2008
Taxi stand near Puduraya bus station - Genting

Taxi stand near Puduraya bus station

Taxi

Puduraya bus station was only a short walking distance away from our KL accommodation and from there the plan was to catch a bus to the Genting Highlands.

I arrived there at 10am and when I asked for bus tickets I was advised that the next available bus was at 3pm. The day was Sunday and it seemed that half of KL were going there too.

Plan B was to find a taxi which was easy as there were plenty of those near the bus station. I quickly found a scout for a driver and he quoted me RM100. I offered RM60 and he said he would check with the driver.

He came back soon and suggested RM80 and again I offered RM60 and he told me to wait there. There was a diminutive Indian man standing nearby who also seemed to be looking for a ride. He told me that the scout didn't have very good English soI walked off to find another taxi.

No sooner had I set off to find one when the scout scurried alongside and said RM60 OK? I said yes and followed him to the car. As soon as I got there the diminutive Indian mand was sitting in the front and I piled into the back with my two kids.

So the taxi driver got his RM80 by way of an extra passenger and I got my RM60. I had to admire the way that the driver got what he wanted and that I did too.

So off we went weaving in and out of KL traffic on our way to Genting. As soon as we hit the highway I began to doubt the wisdom of my choice of driver. He seemed to think that he was the Malaysian Michael Schumaker as he sped along the way treating 50km/h speed signs as a suggestion only for negotiating hairpin bend.

By making very liberal use of all three lanes of highway he proved that it is possible to take these bends at 100km/h! The diminutive Indian man seemed not to notice as he was taking a nap during our journey.

It was with great relief that I handed the driver the RM60 fare as he dropped us off at the entrance of one of the hotels at the top of the hill. The driver quickly took off and sped down the hill again no doubt looking for another fare.

Mode: TO

Type: Car/Motor Home

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Aug 30, 2008

robertgaz

“My WAy's the byWAys of W.A.'s highWAys...”

Badges & Stats in Genting

Have you been to Genting?

Latest Activity in Genting