"October, 2004: Back in Seoul..." pranayama's Profile

The Chinese characters of my Korean name, Won-Hyang, translate roughly to "Beautiful Homeland." And Korea is indeed beautiful... that is, if you know where to look. I think Seoul is over-developed, over-priced, and polluted beyond the point of no return. Still, the mountains are absolutely gorgeous. The problem is, there are 45 million fellow Koreans who think the same way, so it's nearly impossible to avoid the crowds even if you leave the city.

I'm in the process of building my Seoul and Mr. Seorak pages, so check back soon!

Aren't the colors beautiful? Apparently, only the royalty could use paint on their houses. This is the inside of one of the palaces in Seoul. I'd highly recommend a guided tour of the palaces (see travel pages... not yet completed).

How to spend a 3-hour layover at LAX

On my way to Seoul, I had a 3-hour layover at LAX, where I stumbled upon a movie set. Here, the sign says the movie's titled "Otherwise Engaged," but I think it's now called "Rumor Has It," with Jennifer Aniston. I saw maybe a hundred cameramen and assistants, about 50 extras, and Rob Reiner, the director. I didn't see Jennifer Aniston, but I did see her stand-in! I really wanted to take a picture of this movie set which was right in the middle of the international terminal of LAX, but it just felt too goofy and touristy. I couldn't see much, anyway... just assistant-assistant-assistant directors walking around the cafeteria area saying, "Shhhh... shhhhh.... shhhhh," and apologizing to the extras for making them wait.

• Intro Updated Oct 23, 2004

Personal Pages (1)

• jburron's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 9:46 PM

Hey Terri, Dora looks a lot like a neighbor's kid from when I was in Canada (another Canadian guy/Korean gal pairing). Definately very cute.

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2004 at 1:11 PM

Hi Terri! Beautiful opening picture! Like you, I'm just getting started here... I look forward to seeing your pages as they develope... You're off to a very attractive beginning! Best Wishes! ;-)

• Siddha3th's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2004 at 12:06 AM

Hey Terri, your Seoul photographs are very enticing, espeically since I know there's more to come! That main picture is simply gorgous.. is that a pilgrimage of some sort... breathtaking! Have fun in here and take care of yourself.. Siddharth from India

• Oct 12, 2004 at 1:50 AM

Wishing you happpy birthday and great birthday party with your dear and near .Greetings from India.

• 71stuman's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2004 at 12:37 AM

Hello and Happy Birthday from Australia May All Your Travel Dreams And Wishes Come True Take Care and Safe Travels

• kdoc13's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2004 at 4:45 PM

Hope you had a fun trip to Korea, can't wait to see what you pst about it. - Kevin

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
pranayama's Profile Photo

pranayama

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”

Real Name