"Keetmanshoop: Kalahari and Namib Desert" Keetmanshoop by Kanjoo
Keetmanshoop Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 17 photos
Keetmanshoop is the capital of karas region… its named after a german businessman Keetman who gave money to missionaries to work in this area so that’s why it was renamed as keetmanshoop on his name mean keetman’s hope from its former name “Nugoaes” which means fountain of black mud…the city is very small one can easily walk and explore the whole of it in an hour time but the ideal time for walking around is morning becuz its very clean and clear sunny city… some german style building can be found…instead of main highway there are 3 other tarred roads rest of roads are gravels in city… railway line which is running in between the town has divided city into two sections… the residential area across the railway line is called Westdene but i must mention only the white skin residential area and all the roads in westdene are also gravels… and the city centre, some shops some businesses and municipal offices are on one side of railway line.. there are few guest houses in westdene… all of them have same rates 265 namibian dollors per room for upto 3 ppl doesn’t matter if you are single still you would have to pay for room… but i first went to the backpacker which is located nearby railway station… and as before leaving for Namibia i emailed Namibian tourist office to send me the list of all the backpackers in Namibia and according to this list the backpacker in keetmashoop was 65 dollor per bed in dorm but when i reached there he told me that its 100 dollor per bed in dorm so i decided to go for camping site…
Similar type of buildings are found in Keetmanshoop
The things one can do while in keetmanshoop.. city itself is beautiful and clean and some old german buildings still in very good condition or one can go for tour to kokerboom forest which is 14 km from city but the condition of that gravel road is not good…
- In a nutshell:No just desert or Koker trees
Kanjoo's Related Pages
Keetmanshoop Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keetmanshoop and the Quivertrees"
- "Keetmanshoop, Good Place to Re-supply"
- "Keetmanshoop: Kalahari and Namib Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Keetmanshoop
- Hotels in Keetmanshoop
- Warnings and Dangers in Keetmanshoop
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Keetmanshoop
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Keetmanshoop?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Keetmanshoop
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bloemfontein Intro, 56 reviews, 130 photos
- Afghanistan Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Lesotho Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Rahim Yar Khan Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Mariental Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Graaff-Reinet Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Augrabies Falls National Park Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Zahedan Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Upington Intro, 1 review, 7 photos