"I need my own travelogue series...." jmhenry1123's Profile

Hello from the windy city of Chicago.

I am happy to answer questions about this great city and country of mine to anyone interested in travelling throughout the U.S. I've seen most of it and if I haven't I probably know someone whose been there.

If I were to write a personal ad, after stating my affection for long walks on the beach at sunset, it would soon be followed by world travelling. I admit that I am still a novice at it, but I've tackled all of North America and most of continental Europe. I still haven't made it up to those Scandinavian countries.

In the near future I would like to go to Australia and New Zealand. I would also like to travel in Africa on a Hemingway like adventure.

The travel boom of 2003-2004

I have been quite busy in the travel sector of my life through 2003-2004. Fortunately they all have been trips for leisure and not business. Things are so much more relaxed when there is no business.

In 2003, I went on a cruise to the Western Caribbean; Charleston and Pawleys Island, SC; Phoenix, AZ; Las Vegas, NV.

In 2004, I have been to Rome, Florence, Venice, Italy; Vienna, Austria; Prague, Czech Rep; Cologne, Germany; Paris, France.

In Dec 04-Jan 05 I will be in Barcelona, Spain. Soo excited

Oh the Places I'll Go in 2005

I started 2005 in Barcelona covered in champagne. Now taking suggestions for other places to go.

I've stayed local lately. I went to Columbus OH in February.

Went to Rockford IL for a night in April.

Definite...Gulf Shores of Alabama (USA) in August. Venturing only to knee-deep waters to avoid shark attacks.

There is some talk amongst friends about going to St. Petersburg Russia.

Boston, MA - Head of the Charles Regatta

2006 - Travels for the good of humanity

I'm going on a pilgrimage service trip to Lourdes, France. I'll be a chaperone of 50 teenagers and college students. On the same trip, I will visit Lausanne, Switzerland. Recommendations welcome!

• Intro Updated Jun 5, 2006

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
jmhenry1123's Profile Photo

jmhenry1123

“"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." RalphWaldo Emerson”

Real Name