"Charleville -" Charleville by cafank
Charleville Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 60 photos
Charleville is in the heart of Queensland's 'mulga country' and is the largest town in the south west of the Queensland Outback. Situated on the banks of the Warrago River, Charleville has a population of approximately 3300. It is a rich pastoral area.
It's not an easy place to get to - about 9 hours drive west of Brisbane - but with good roads (which lead further into the outback and the Northern territory); there is also a train several times a week or you can fly from Toowoomba or Brisbane.
The Charleville Heritage Trail guides visitors through the history of the town and its heritage buildings. The stars almost touch the end of your nose at the Cosmos Centre and Observatory where clear nights and a low horizon combine to give visitors a great night time experience.
There is an abundance of flora and fauna in this region.
There are plenty of kangaroos, emus, and birds of prey to be seen when you drive around the district and there is a huge variety of other native wildlife to be seen in the area.
The National Parks Research Station, home of the Save the Bilby Fund is in Charleville and you can visit this research station to learn about the bilbies - but it is only open from April to mid - October (cooler seasons).
Dont drink the Warrego water: the locals say once you drink the water from the Warrego river which runs through.
Charleville is one of those outback towns where you can cram your itinary full of events and attractions or simply lay back and unwind! But do make sure you see some of the many interesting places to see and activites to do around the area
- Pros:Plenty of things to do
- Cons:It's a long way from anywhere
- In a nutshell:So much to see, do and learn in this Australian Outback Town
There really isn't anything to see here but stop and read the plaque about the old armoury The plaque is on Qantas... more travel advice
Charleville Golf Club is open to the public all year. There are 9 sand greens and 9 grass greens. You can hire clubs... more travel advice
cafank's Related Pages
Charleville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHARLEVILLE NORTH WEST QUEENSLAND"
- "Charleville -"
- "Cool town in the middle of the Outback"
- "Charlevile - where the stars shine bright"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Charleville
- Hotels in Charleville
- Transportation in Charleville
- Restaurants in Charleville
- Warnings and Dangers in Charleville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Charleville
- 23 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Charleville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Charleville
Photos in CharlevilleSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Rockhampton Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Charleville Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos
- Gladstone Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos
- Melaka Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Island Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 24 reviews, 16 photos
- Biloela Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Mundubbera Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Cape Town 5 reviews, 11 photos