"Mitchell - Gateway to the Outback" Mitchell by cafank
Mitchell Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
You'll find the town of Mitchell 587 kilometres west of Brisbane and 176 kilometres east of Charleville. The town of Mitchell marks the Gateway to Queensland's Outback.
On the banks of the Maranoa River, it was named in honour of Sir Thomas Mitchell who was an early explorer of south west. Queensland
The town has very wide tree-lined streets and many colonial buildings and is becoming an important stop on the tourist route to Outback Queensland.
This town of 1,200 people is now giving visitors to the region a reason to put Mitchell on the itinerary. The Great Artesian Spa and associated health services is set to become a new landmark in the tourism rejuvenated west of Queensland.
The Spa is the centrepiece of Mitchell as the warm waters are said to relax the muscles, ease tension and revitalise both the body and the mind.
Once you've tried the Spa, you can go bird watching, fishing, or just take a walk along the banks of the Maranoa River.
- In a nutshell:Another good spot for a stopover on a trip to the Outback
The Great Artesian Spa was opened in 1998 and iforms a part of the town’s aquatic centre. There are two pools of... more travel advice
cafank's Related Pages
Mitchell Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Mitchell
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Mitchell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mitchell
Photos in MitchellSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Rockhampton Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Charleville Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos
- Gladstone Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos
- Melaka Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Island Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 24 reviews, 16 photos
- Biloela Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Mundubbera Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Cape Town 5 reviews, 11 photos