"Monto - 3 Moon Country" Monto by cafank
Monto Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 7 photos
Monto is a very small town but there is plenty to do here - especially if you are after outdoor adventure.
You do need a car, preferably 4WD, to explore the area as there is no public transport to National Parks etc - and Monto is about 200K's from Gladstone and a bit further from the southern coast highways.
I never did find out why Monto is known as Three Moon Country but I did learn lots about the district.
Monto was the first town in Queensland to be built to a Town Plan. There are some great old buildings to see and vist too.
The primary industries of the area are Beef, Pigs, Grain and Milk production but wine, mining (coal and ilmenite) and tourism are fast catching up.
- Pros:Off the Beaten Track
- Cons:Off the Beaten Track
- In a nutshell:Great for a few days exploring - but 4WD is best
The Lister Street Art Walk within the Lister Street Parkland, is worth a quick visit. There are many metal and stone... more travel advice
Not a new modern motel by any means but a nice , friendly place to stay and great meals if you want them. Three star... more travel advice
cafank's Related Pages
Monto Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Monto
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Monto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monto
Photos in MontoSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Rockhampton Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Charleville Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos
- Gladstone Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos
- Melaka Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Island Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 24 reviews, 16 photos
- Biloela Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Mundubbera Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Cape Town 5 reviews, 11 photos