"Another small outback town" Mungallala by cafank
Mungallala Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
There is not much to Mungallala which is said to be an aboriginal word for 'food and water' .
The town is about half way between Mitchell and Morven where the Warrego Highway crosses the Mungallala Creek - this is an important thing to note as flooding can be bad in this area in the wet season.
Mungallala however is a wonderful place to stop for lunch and experience the workings of an outback town. There is a great pub here with good beer and counter meals.
There is a rest area on western side of town and it is said that this is the site where the Cobb and Co. coach horses were changed on the journey to and from Charleville before the coming of the railway in 1885.
- In a nutshell:Worth a rest break at the Pub!
cafank's Related Pages
Mungallala Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mungallala
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Mungallala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mungallala
Top 10 Pages
- Rockhampton Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Charleville Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos
- Gladstone Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos
- Melaka Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Island Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 24 reviews, 16 photos
- Biloela Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Mundubbera Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Cape Town 5 reviews, 11 photos