"Tamworth - Country Music Capital" Tamworth by cafank
Tamworth Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 256 photos
Is it the weather - frequently 35C + in summer, frequently 5C and less in winter, lots of drought times and then there's the floods - big ones...
I have been coming and going to Tamworth for about 25 years and have always loved the town. I have many friends there and they are mostly involved with the country music scene. I do like country music but it's not the be all and end all of music for me.
There is lots to see and do apart from enjoy the music scene - which isn't all country...
This is the biggest event in Tamworth and the biggest country music festival in Australia. It's held each January for 10 days usually finishing on Australia Day, January 26th.
You don't have to be a county music fan, but it helps, this is just a great time to visit, there is so much happening all over the city. Be warned though the weather can be hot or wet, and accomodation is at a premium and very hard to come by unless you make bookings early. Hotels are often booked out for the next festival. Hostels and camping sites are a bit easier to get.
Get on to the Tamworth country music website to check details of who will be appearing - there are many local and overseas acts at the Festival each year
- Pros:Music, people, sights and sounds
- Cons:A long drive to get there but transport is good
- In a nutshell:Music, people, friends, lots of beer.....
The John Oxley Lookout is always worth a visit. Over the years I have come here and witnesed the huge changes in... more travel advice
A visit to the Big Golden Guitar Tourist Centre is a must. Again, you don't need to be a big fan - just go along and... more travel advice
cafank's Related Pages
Tamworth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "COUNTRY MUSIC CAPITAL OF AUSTRALIA"
- "Country Music Capital of Australia"
- "Sweetberry's Tamworth Page.."
- "Leave the Tableland and find Tamworth"
- "Tamworth - Country Music Capital"
- "Tamworth - Australia's Home of Country Music"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tamworth
- Hotels in Tamworth
- Transportation in Tamworth
- Nightlife in Tamworth
- Restaurants in Tamworth
- Warnings and Dangers in Tamworth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tamworth
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Tamworth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tamworth
Photos in TamworthSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Rockhampton Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Charleville Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos
- Gladstone Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos
- Melaka Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Island Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 24 reviews, 16 photos
- Biloela Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Mundubbera Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Cape Town 5 reviews, 11 photos