"Yeppoon, a Capricorn Coast Town" Yeppoon by cafank
Yeppoon Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 50 photos
Yeppoon is a nice holiday resort town about 40 k's east of Rockhampton.
The area has grown in popularity due to some magic advertising associated with Great Keppel Island which is just off the coast, but there is enough in the immediate area to keep any holiday maker happy.
It is not a town with a lot of night life though, so if this is what you are after you may need to go further north. If you holiday here it willbe for fishing, swimming and just plain relaxing.
There are plenty of restaurants specialising in seafood and also beef meals.
There is plenty to keep you occupied if it is a relaxing time you are after.
...is really lovely and there are several great places to swim, enjoy the views and wander around.
It is worth driving south from Yeppoon to Emu Park because the road passes through a number of delightful, and very unspoilt, beach resorts. On the drive you can go to Wreck Point Lookout which has great views over all the major islands, including Great Keppel and North Keppel islands.
Further south is Coo-ee Beach (where there is a coo-ee ing competition each year), then Statue Bay, Kinka Bay, Rosslyn Bay (which is the departure point for Great Keppel Island), Mulabin Beach and Emu Point.
Each area has its own charm and is ideal for quiet holidays focussing on fishing, swimming and just lazing around.
There is an abundance of accomodation at Yeppoon ranging from cheap hostels and camping areas to 4 Star resorts and apartments. If you are going to stay here do research where you want to be. Accomodation appears to be cheaper at the other villages along the coast. I didn't stay here as it was easier for me to drive out from Rocky for the day.
If you are a beach-goer take notice of local signs regarding stingers and other swimming guidelines.
- Pros:Great weather, a lovely atmosphere, a little bit sleepy
- In a nutshell:Great weather, a lovely atmosphere, a little bit sleepy
Emu park is a delightful little vilage about 20 k's from Yeppoon and 40k'd from Rockhampton. Emu Park is home to the... more travel advice
cafank's Related Pages
Yeppoon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YEPPOON ON THE CAPRICORN COAST"
- "Beachside Town on the Capricorn Coast"
- "Yeppoon, a Capricorn Coast Town"
- "Yeppoon The Capricorn Coast"
- "A Beautiful Spot in Queensland"
- "Yeppoon - a gateway to the Great Barrier Reef"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yeppoon
- Transportation in Yeppoon
- Nightlife in Yeppoon
- Restaurants in Yeppoon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yeppoon
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Yeppoon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yeppoon
Photos in YeppoonSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Rockhampton Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Charleville Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos
- Gladstone Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos
- Melaka Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Island Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 24 reviews, 16 photos
- Biloela Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Mundubbera Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Cape Town 5 reviews, 11 photos