"Port Klang - easy to fill in a day" Top 5 Page for this destination Klang by cafank
Klang Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 120 photos
There is nothing much to bring a traveller to Port Klang except that you can get ferrries to several local islands. I had nothing to do one Sunday so opted for a bus trip to Port Klang, a walk aroung the city and the port and a quick trip to one of the islands. I caught a Komuter back to KL.
The port area itself is huge and if you are into shipping it's certainly a place to visit. The Royal Selangor Yacht Club is on the port road and is worth a visit for a great seafood meal.
Klang town is very popular for shopping and foodies. The shopping in general was cheaper than in KL.
The city is not really a pretty city - in fact quite grubby in places but I like wandering around and never felt unsafe.
At the same time there were some very interesting places to see.
There are several mosques (maybe more I wasn't there too long) and their domes and spires dominate the Klang City skyline
- Pros:Not a scenic place but nice to vist & catch a ferry
- In a nutshell:If you have nothing to do - wander down to Klang
This was a great trip. The island is only about 10 K west of Port Klang and you can get a high speed or standard ferry... more travel advice
cafank's Related Pages
Klang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Klang (Kelang) - Famous for Bak Kut Teh"
- "Port Klang - easy to fill in a day"
- "Royal Town of Selangor (& main Port of Malaysia)"
- "Klang - A sleepy laid back town"
- "Star Cruise"
- "- Klang -"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Klang
- Hotels in Klang
- Transportation in Klang
- Restaurants in Klang
- Shopping in Klang
- Warnings and Dangers in Klang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Klang
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Klang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Klang
Photos in KlangSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Rockhampton Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Charleville Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos
- Gladstone Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos
- Melaka Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Island Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 24 reviews, 16 photos
- Biloela Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Mundubbera Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Cape Town 5 reviews, 11 photos