"Introduction" Klang by p_yenyen
Klang Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 120 photos
Klang is the royal capital of the state of Selangor, Malaysia. It is located about 32 km to the west of Kuala Lumpur and 6 km east of Port Klang. It was the civil capital of Selangor in earlier era before the emergence of Kuala Lumpur and the current capital, Shah Alam. It is one of the world's busiest seaports.
Klang may have taken its name from the Klang River which runs through the town. The entire geographical area in the immediate vicinity of the river, which begins at Kuala Lumpur and runs west all the way to Port Klang, is known as the Klang Valley.
Popular theories on the origin of the name are that it was derived from the Mon-Khmer word Klong or from Malay word Kilang meaning warehouses, given that it was full of warehouses in the old days
p_yenyen's Related Pages
Klang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Klang (Kelang) - Famous for Bak Kut Teh"
- "Port Klang - easy to fill in a day"
- "Royal Town of Selangor (& main Port of Malaysia)"
- "Klang - A sleepy laid back town"
- "Star Cruise"
- "- Klang -"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Klang
- Hotels in Klang
- Transportation in Klang
- Restaurants in Klang
- Shopping in Klang
- Warnings and Dangers in Klang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Klang
- 0 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Klang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Klang
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Negeri Melaka Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Bali Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Petaling Jaya Intro, 5 photos, 3 travelogues