"Nice place to be away from town..." Kuala Selangor by p_yenyen
Kuala Selangor Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 170 photos
Kuala Selangor is a quiet town at the river mouth of the Selangor river. The city center is near the new bridge. There are also some shops and there is the old bus station. Near the mosque there are a lot of shops, but the old shops are favourite. Specially to the Malaysians, who come here every weekend from KL to see the picturesque lighthouse, silverleaf monkeys and the fireflies.
The fireflies is the biggest attraction of Kuala Selangor. The boat trip starts in Kampung Bukit Belimbig. Along the shores of the Selangor river, its very dark. The river lurches through the jungle. First, the trip will takes you downstream. Suddenly, you will see the fireflies at the river banks. It looks like a christmas tree with flashing lights. Sometimes, you see them moving. No flash pictures may be taken.
The second attraction of Kuala Selangor are the Silverleaf Monkeys. Those dark haired monkeys have a silver shining on their fur. The babies will have orange fur as compared with the adults. After two months, tey will get the silver coulour of the elderly monkeys. The Silverleaf Monkeys are a delight to meet. They are gentle and seem to always have a thank you for every piece of food given.
The third interesting sight is Bukit Belanda (Tanjong Keramat), the old fort Utrecht. It's on a small hiil on, just beside the road from the De Palma Inn and the city. It's just outside the school, which you will pass. The fort was built by sultan Ibrahim of Selangor, but Van Braam conquered the fort for the Dutch East India Company. Some old stones remind us to that time and the fort.
Kuala Selangor is also very famous for seafood. My favourite place will be Kuala Selangor Restoran. Write to me if you want to go. :-) I stay here about 45 minutes away.
Its my pleasure of meeting Jen and hubby, Basil. Me, my dad and them went to see firefly in Kuala Selangor.
Before that, we went for seafood dinner.
For those who want to go to kuala selangor, let me know. I hope to bring you around. Its about 2 hours from KL.
p_yenyen's Related Pages
Kuala Selangor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Selangor"
- "Kuala Selangor"
- "Natural Christmas Trees"
- "..............Kuala Selangor......................"
- "At the Mouth of the Selangor River"
- "Kuala Selanogr"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Selangor
- Hotels in Kuala Selangor
- Transportation in Kuala Selangor
- Nightlife in Kuala Selangor
- Restaurants in Kuala Selangor
- Shopping in Kuala Selangor
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Selangor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Selangor
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kuala Selangor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Selangor
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Negeri Melaka Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Bali Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Petaling Jaya Intro, 5 photos, 3 travelogues