"Stromness" Stromness by Asa111
Stromness Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 53 photos
I was smitten as soon as I stepped off of the ferry. There was a pipe band waiting and they blew Scotland the Brave as we disembarked. It was more than that, tho. The town has the feel of history, of age and wisdom, of strength and will.
The wind blows constantly in Orkney...at times it screams down the stone-faced streets. Everytlhing is solid in Stromness. Fragile things blow away.
- Pros:Wonderful views, food, people, atmosphere.
- Cons:Weather always a factor. Be prepared.
- In a nutshell:The perfect introduction to Orkney...a magical land.
As soon as you enter Hamnavoe and catch sight of the town from the Scrabster ferry you will realize you have been... more travel advice
The enviroment and immediate surroundings of Stromness transported me into an entirely undiscovered and unexpected... more travel advice
Asa111's Related Pages
Stromness Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stromness - Orkney's Second Town But The Prettiest"
- "Stromness - mainland Orkneys"
- "Nice and quiet by the seaside"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stromness
- Hotels in Stromness
- Transportation in Stromness
- Restaurants in Stromness
- Warnings and Dangers in Stromness
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stromness
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Stromness?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stromness
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.