"VICTORIA" Victoria by Lady_Mystique
Victoria Travel Guide: 1,638 reviews and 3,437 photos
What's more romantic than the quintessential Victoria pastime, a long walk on the beach?
If you're a true Victorian, nothing surpasses it, except, perhaps for a long walk on the beach in a November rainstorm, the wind ruffling your Gore-tex and the ocean rumbling across the rocks.
Of course, it's always much more romantic if you've got someone along with you ...and I don't mean your dog.
The one thing that's really great about Victoria, I think, is that it's a city where companionship often seems optional, a condition of choice rather than necessity.
You can choose to go out as part of a couple if you feel like it, but if you want to go to a restaurant, to a movie, or to the beach on your own, well, nobody really bats an eye.
Being single in Victoria means being in your own good company. And that's just how I'm enjoying , and partaking of it, these days.
According to the City of Victoria's own statistics, about 43% of its residents are single, with most of the population between the ages of 25 and 50-ish.
The singles are those who have never married in the first place (clearly, this city draws forward-thinking, non-traditional types).
Which means there are a million stories in this not-so-naked city, and many of them are stories of dating, meeting and, in many cases, yes, enjoying being single.
Come along with me...and we'll explore this fascinating city together...or alone...it's your choice.
Since writing this intro to Victoria, I've moved away...but...am now in the process of moving back!!!
Something like our Pacific salmon coming home I guess....and let's just skip the spawning part OK?
Living on the West Coast of Canada makes seafood a frequently available ingredient in many recipes and meals. Our local... more travel advice
The kids took me here for Mother's Day Dinner. I loved it!!! I always wanted to try Tapas....and I got treated to... more travel advice
Lady_Mystique's Related Pages
Victoria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Very Victoria"
- "A Canadian city with a British twist!"
- "A Trip Home is ALWAYS GREAT !!"
- "Quenching the Thirst of a Glorious Past: Victoria"
- "Victoria, where I learnt more than just a language"
- "Living in Paradise - happy to share"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Victoria
- Hotels in Victoria
- Transportation in Victoria
- Nightlife in Victoria
- Restaurants in Victoria
- Shopping in Victoria
- Warnings and Dangers in Victoria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Victoria
- 26 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Victoria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Victoria
Photos in VictoriaSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 85 reviews, 137 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 66 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 54 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 41 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seattle Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- La Romieu Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Auch Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Bazas Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Larressingle Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos