"LECTOURE" Lectoure by Lady_Mystique
Lectoure Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Located an hour and a half north of the city of Toulouse, Lectoure is a small yet vibrant community with a fascinating 2,000-year history.
Lectoure is one of the stops located along the medieval St. James's Way pilgrimage route which begins in various points in western France and ends at San Juan de Campostela, Spain.
Set in the heart of the Gers, it is a small but pretty town, with the Cathedral Saint Gervais and some very well preserved medieval houses on the central street. The 17th century town hall is also worth a look.
Diana's Fountain dates back to Roman times, though much of what you see now dates from the 13th century onwards. The fountain was at one stage the source of water for an active tannery industry in the town.
Lady_Mystique's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Lectoure
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Lectoure?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lectoure
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 85 reviews, 137 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 66 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 54 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arles Intro, 41 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seattle Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- La Romieu Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Auch Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Bazas Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Larressingle Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos