" CANDELARIA: Unexpectedly" Top 5 Page for this destination Candelaria by moonlighting

Candelaria Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 79 photos

ZAMBALES INTRO

Zambales is located at the Western Coast of Central Luzon Region. It shares common boundaries with Pangasinan on the North, Tarlac and Pampanga on the East, Olongapo City and Bataan on the South and the China Sea on the West. The entire stretch of the province in the West is rimmed by the crystal-clear waters of vast China Sea. First inhabitants were the Aetas, short and kinky-haired. These aborigines were driven to the mountains by the influx of the more modern tribes to Zambales.

CANDELARIA is the second most-northern town of Zambales, farthest from Manila. Though the whole of Zambales prides of the sweetest mangoes in Luzon, the ones we bought in Candelaria (and in the adjacent town of Sta. Cruz) were the sweetest in the whole province.

THE MAKING

After over 10 years of going to Puerto Galera every summer, in 2004, we decided to try other places, near or far. Surfing and googling brought me to a picture of this small island 1 mile off a Candelaria coast. That time, there were but a few photos and texts about this place. Though all the few accounts we read said positive, we couldn't really predict for ourselves. But the urge for us to try this place was overwhelming, the following weekend, we just went ahead, no surfing or inquiring done for accommodations, no planning on food, just brought a map and took the earliest bus ride from Manila to Candelaria, Zambales.

• Pros:Still considered off the beaten path
  • Cons:6 hours bus ride from Manila
  • In a nutshell:Worth it... try it now...people are starting to pack POtipot in summer!
  • Last visit to Candelaria: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2005

• akoto1324's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2008 at 9:54 AM

hi, thanks for the number..hopefully makisama ang weather dis weekend..Godbless!

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2007 at 3:39 AM

sis, honestly, when I clicked CANDELARIA, I thought I was going to be led to a town in Quezon Province...I'm so ashamed to admit that I don't know about this town. It's great to learn about it! Mwah!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 9:13 PM

Great pictures here, are you going to add tips? I really hope so ;-)

• shintarojon's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2006 at 9:21 PM

may kuryent na kami at pusit na ang intro page ko....ubos na rin!

• Travel2write's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2005 at 4:29 AM

Looks like an interesting location to get native! I really enjoy reading your pages! Take Care John

moonlighting

“"The journey is the trip, not the destination", so go, wherever, whatever...”

Badges & Stats in Candelaria

Have you been to Candelaria?

Latest Activity in Candelaria