" CANDELARIA: Unexpectedly" Top 5 Page for this destination Candelaria by moonlighting
Candelaria Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 79 photos
Zambales is located at the Western Coast of Central Luzon Region. It shares common boundaries with Pangasinan on the North, Tarlac and Pampanga on the East, Olongapo City and Bataan on the South and the China Sea on the West. The entire stretch of the province in the West is rimmed by the crystal-clear waters of vast China Sea. First inhabitants were the Aetas, short and kinky-haired. These aborigines were driven to the mountains by the influx of the more modern tribes to Zambales.
CANDELARIA is the second most-northern town of Zambales, farthest from Manila. Though the whole of Zambales prides of the sweetest mangoes in Luzon, the ones we bought in Candelaria (and in the adjacent town of Sta. Cruz) were the sweetest in the whole province.
After over 10 years of going to Puerto Galera every summer, in 2004, we decided to try other places, near or far. Surfing and googling brought me to a picture of this small island 1 mile off a Candelaria coast. That time, there were but a few photos and texts about this place. Though all the few accounts we read said positive, we couldn't really predict for ourselves. But the urge for us to try this place was overwhelming, the following weekend, we just went ahead, no surfing or inquiring done for accommodations, no planning on food, just brought a map and took the earliest bus ride from Manila to Candelaria, Zambales.
- Pros:Still considered off the beaten path
- Cons:6 hours bus ride from Manila
- In a nutshell:Worth it... try it now...people are starting to pack POtipot in summer!
moonlighting's Related Pages
Candelaria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " CANDELARIA: Unexpectedly"
- "Potipot Redux"
- "From the bosoms of Candelaria"
- "Potipot island - where time moves in slow mo"
- "POTIPOT ISLAND, CANDELARIA, ZAMBALES"
- "Discovering Candelaria"
- "Candelaria at Mango harvet"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Candelaria
- Hotels in Candelaria
- Transportation in Candelaria
- Nightlife in Candelaria
- Restaurants in Candelaria
- Warnings and Dangers in Candelaria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Candelaria
- 9 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Candelaria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Candelaria
Photos in CandelariaSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Bicol National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Coron Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Candelaria Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manila Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Samal Island Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Dumaguete City Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Galera Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Tagaytay Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos