"It's Great to Escape Reality" luvthesun's Profile

Even turtles like to have fun!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Welcome to my travels. I really hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoyed the places I have and will visit. As you can see, I haven't travelled much, in fact my trip to Punta Cana Jan.2004 was the first time I had ever flown. I've always been a bit scared to fly-my husband wanted to fly me down to Vegas for a 3 day holiday and I wouldn't go because I was afraid to fly-I made him take me skiing in Banff instead - which I enjoyed, but considering he had just come back from 2 months up in Inuvik - snow was not somthing he wanted out of a vacation!(his Inuvik pictures will be posted soon-you have to see the incinilet!)
Past Lives:
We moved from a small farm town (75 people population) in Saskatchewan to the oil industry in Alberta in 2003. For us it was a very good move. Farming is suffering and so are the towns and people that depend on farming. We were sad to leave our lifestyle behind - hunting and fishing, lakes, camping. Combining in the fall when there are billions of stars out and the Northern lights are dancing and playing in the sky. The smell of barley and the sounds of the machinery at work , and my favorite part - preparing supper, bringing it out to the field and everyone gathering around to picinc on the back of pickups. - but when we had to hunt and fish to survive - we knew we had to make a change.
Westward Bound:
So we headed west for Alberta to a totally different lifestyle. And we love that to. Now we have a chance to travel and I love it!! Out in Fox Creek (population-2500!) we are still able to live the outdoors lifestyle. Hunting, fishing, camping and a small town atmosphere that beats city living hands down. We are only two and half hours North of Edmonton so we will take a trip into Edmonton once a month to get our fix of that great city and all its shopping!!!
Why Travel:
Alot of people want to go on their vacations to get away from it all, to leave the city behind. They need their vacation to have some deeper meaning, they need to get away from the craziness of city life. I don't blame them.
But when we travel we want to be around people, we want to get out of our sweat pants and let our hair down. When people tell us, its such a touristy spot - that is okay for us. We want our vacations to be just that - a vacation. We don't want to be bothered with the troubles of the world or what is on the six o clock news when we travel. Our travels are completely self-indulgent. And we like it!
So, if you came visiting this web page looking for some inner truths in our travels- wrong page. But, if you came here looking for some fun vacation spots and interesting stories- your on the right page!
P.S.
I am kinda like the guy off the movie Pure Luck-if somthing can go wrong-it will happen to me. When you read some of our experiences, you'll see that. I am a totally bad luck person!(makes for interesting times though)
Enjoy-Lori

The Future

What does the future hold in store?
In November 2004 we will be heading out to Varadero, Cuba for a golf tournament. Our hotel Superclubs Breezes Varadero has been hosting this tourney for 4 years now - wish us luck!!

Goals: This summer(2004) I completed my first marathon in Edmonton. It was 42km and I ran the finish line, now I have the marathon bug.
My next goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon.

Long term goal: To retire at 45, move to Italy and drink fine wine overlooking the Mediteranean.

"Im not a dreamer, I'm a believer!"

• Intro Updated Sep 24, 2004

Personal Pages (1)

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2006 at 7:36 PM

Hi Lori how are you HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow Lori, Big Huggsssssss

• chris_i79's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2004 at 10:50 AM

thanks for the visit. Hope you had a great birthday.

• Oct 22, 2004 at 12:12 PM

u have a fantastic travel page. i am still working on mine. hope it comes out half as good as urs. cheers. ahmar.

• africateach's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2004 at 8:18 AM

Hey Lori, Great picture and incredible intro to your world!!! Enjoy the snow as we enjoy the crazy heat and rain!!!! Happy B-day from almost the equator. Shawn

• 71stuman's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2004 at 5:28 AM

Hello and Happy Birthday from Australia May all your Travel Dreams and Wishes come true Take Care and Safe Travels

• Oct 18, 2004 at 6:21 AM

Great home page.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2004 at 12:32 AM

Hi & welcome to VT Lori!!! Thanks for visiting my pages... :) I hope you enjoy VT as much as I do. Greetings from Wagga Wagga in Oz! :)

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 10:31 PM

I also love the sun.Summertime.Gardening and light nights.

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 4:42 AM

Just checked your wish list Lori. Ok , I'm off to Fiji and Morocco now!!!! I'll send you a postcard!

• shivan's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2004 at 11:58 AM

welcome to VT Lori! Have fun!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
luvthesun's Profile Photo

luvthesun

“Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now......”

Real Name