"Beautiful Sapa" Top 5 Page for this destination Lao Cai by Arjaree
Lao Cai Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 165 photos
Sapa is the country's most picturesque hill spot. You can take a train from Hanoi to Sapa. We actually bought a local tour for 3 days/ 2 nights. This contained 2 days of trekking to 2 villages - Cat Cat and Lao Cai. Our Vietnamese guide took us through the rice paddy fields, up and down the mountains which gave me a few bruises, yet, was a great experience.
Actually September is in the rainy season but we were so lucky to see all beautiful green landscapes without being caught in the rain. For other time of the year, you won't get to see it ALL green like the way it is.
In the town, you may be chased after by the hill-tribe girls till you buy a blanket or a pillow case from them. We got to make friends with quite a few Hmong girls who could speak English really well(!), not just to sell stuff. We all were good friends (for hours) till someone mentioned something about money. Then they turned to sales people...
Anyway, it was a nice experience though to get to hang out with the Hmong girls.
- Pros:Trekking in the rice paddy fields
- Cons:Being chased by "the sales people"
- In a nutshell:Worth checking out
On the way of our trekking path, we stopped at this waterfall spot for a rest. It was very nice. Didnt expect to see one... more travel advice
You can take a train from Hanoi to Sapa. Its better to take an overnight train cos it will take you about 8 hours to get... more travel advice
Arjaree's Related Pages
Lao Cai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Black,Red,Flowers - Hmongs -Negros,Rojos,Flores"
- "Beautiful Sapa"
- "I'm in heaven - at least above the clouds!"
- "Gate to the Roof of Indochina"
- "LAO CAI, let's go !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lao Cai
- Hotels in Lao Cai
- Transportation in Lao Cai
- Nightlife in Lao Cai
- Restaurants in Lao Cai
- Shopping in Lao Cai
- Warnings and Dangers in Lao Cai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lao Cai
- 7 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lao Cai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lao Cai
Photos in Lao CaiSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 41 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Chang Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ha Long Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lao Cai Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos