"The Destination is Ko Chang" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Chang by Arjaree
Ko Chang Travel Guide: 234 reviews and 556 photos
Ko Chang , the largest among the 52 islands of Trat, is also the second largest of the country after Phuket. Covering an area of 429 square kilometres, it features fine beaches, coral ranges and plentiful marine life. It is also rich in natural resources such as hills, forests and streams, the latter an important fresh-water source. They also create several beautiful waterfalls. Fruit orchards dot the island.
Most of the scenic beaches and bays are on the west side spreading from the north to the south. They include Ao Khlong Son , Hat Sai Khao , Hat Khlong Phrao and Hat Kai Bae. A road cuts through the western shore all the way almost to Hat Kai Bae. From here is a nature trail through Ao Bai Lan and Ao Kruat meandering through wet forestland to Ban Bang Bao , a fishing community on the foot of the hill in the south.
To the east are Ao Sapparot , where a ferry landing is situated and Ao Salak Khok. Along the eastern shoreline is also a road cutting through to Ao Salak Phet , a community and a boat pier in the south of the island. However, roads on Ko Chang are earthern and some sections go up and down steep hills.
Coral range worth viewing are at Ao Khlong Son near Ko Chang Noi and around islands south of Ko Chang. On Ko Chang itself are several waterfalls with reasonable access. They include the Khlong Phlu waterfall, 3 kilometres from Ao Khlong Phrao and a further 20 minutes on foot; Khlong Nonsi waterfall, a 4-kilometre walk from the park headquarter; and Khiriphet and Khlong Nung falls, which are about 3 kilometres from Ban Salakphet.
check out: www.ko-chang.info
You have to go to a pier in Trat to get a boat ferry to Ko Chang and the same when you get back. The town itself is... more travel advice
There are a few piers for you to take a boat ride to Ko Chang. But the main ones are 1 From Center-Point-Pier to... more travel advice
Arjaree's Related Pages
Ko Chang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ko Chang"
- "The Destination is Ko Chang"
- "Koh Chang"
- "Elephant Island"
- "Ko Chang"
- "NEVER RESISTS THE UNFAMILAR"
- "Living The Easy-Life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Chang
- Hotels in Ko Chang
- Transportation in Ko Chang
- Nightlife in Ko Chang
- Restaurants in Ko Chang
- Shopping in Ko Chang
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Chang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Chang
- 15 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ko Chang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Chang
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 41 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Chang Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ha Long Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lao Cai Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos