"Koh Samet" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet by Arjaree
Ko Samet Travel Guide: 266 reviews and 650 photos
Koh Samet is considered as another island with the nicest beaches in Thailand. It's one of the nearest and probably the most perfect destination for Bangkokians and expats living in Bangkok. It only takes you 3-4 hours to be lying on a sandy beach. This is not only an ideal spot for day trippers or beach bums, it's a relaxing and peaceful place to be for a couple and those traveling with family.
Beaches in Koh Samet include Ao Dan, Hat Sai Kaew, Ao Phai, Ao Vong Duan, Ao Wai, Ao Kui Na Nok, Ao Kui Na Nai, A Toei, and Ao Phrao.
Pictured is Ao Vong duan -- one of the most popular beaches, however, not crowded. The name Vong duan is given because its shape looks like the moon. It's a good spot to watch sunrise, enjoy kayaking, and with a clear blue sea, it is a good choice for snorkling. Quite a few guesthouses and bungalows are there along the beach as well as restaurants. The restuarants there seem to have the same standard regarding the quality, taste and its price.
Regardless of beautiful surroundings, for those who expect some wild and crazy experience like in Koh Samui or Phangan, you might be disappointed cos Koh Samet can be quiet and could get a bit boring.
My first time about 2 years ago, it was quite disappoiting cos it was too quiet and there was not much going on during the night. And the place we stayed was kinda far from the beach. Then second time was in April '05, it was a lot better. One thing because our place was nice and right at the beach.
The most recent visit was in July. We expected the rain but we were very lucky that that weekend was all about the sunshine and a great weather. The night time was a good fun cos this time my friends were all up to party.
- Pros:Relaxing, beautiful and peaceful
- Cons:Could get a bit boring
- In a nutshell:Perfect for day trippers
Given that the beach is really nice you can be there tanning yourself, go swimming and snorkling all day, there's also a... more travel advice
Jeb is a very good choice when going to Koh Samet. The houses are decent and it's right at the center of everything.... more travel advice
Arjaree's Related Pages
Ko Samet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A piece of paradise..."
- "11 Days of Heaven!"
- "Ko Samet-Idylic Isle South of Bangkok"
- "Beautiful island with a great resort on it."
- "Koh Samet"
- "Ko Samet, Changwat Rayong"
- "Ko Samet"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Samet
- Hotels in Ko Samet
- Transportation in Ko Samet
- Nightlife in Ko Samet
- Restaurants in Ko Samet
- Shopping in Ko Samet
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Samet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Samet
- 12 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ko Samet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Samet
Photos in Ko SametSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 41 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Chang Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ha Long Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lao Cai Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos