"Europe invades Africia" Top 5 Page for this destination Ceuta by bobsreturn2004
Ceuta Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 222 photos
Although Ceuta belongs to Spain it certainly much different to any other Spanidh town or city i have ever visited.The majority of the population are muslim and are of Morrocan discent.The buildings look very much French and the people speak both french and Spanish.Ceuta is the easiest way into Africia, if you want to avoid the touts and husslers of Tangier.However it isnt all plain sailing here either.Some Morrocans actually take the bus from Teoutan to offer their services has guides.I was stopped three times in ten minutes by my so called new best friends, whose only intrest seemed to be my wallett.Ceuta to me was quite dull, however it does seem that development of this town is slowly starting with the Spanish goverment investing to keep people in it for more than a few days.
There are a few points of intrest in Ceuta including a old war museum, a speactucular view of the Atlas mountains and on a good day the rock of Gibraltar and a old Nunnery on top of the hill.One final piece of advice Euros are used in Ceuta not Dirhams.
- Pros:Easy point of entrance into morroco,Clean
- Cons:Nothing much here,Touts and beggars
- In a nutshell:Nice place to start a adventure.But no point in staying long
Walk around the bay of Ceuta.its clean and very different to any other bay i have walked around.One word of advice be... more travel advice
Despite my problem with the touts literally grabbing me in front of a policeman, he seemed not to care.Even when i... more travel advice
bobsreturn2004's Related Pages
Ceuta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Mediterranean pearl"
- "Europe invades Africia"
- "A Gate to Africa"
- "Christianna and Radmilo in Ceuta"
- "Look at my Ceuta travelogues too see more"
- "Ceuta, last European portion of Europe in Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ceuta
- Hotels in Ceuta
- Transportation in Ceuta
- Restaurants in Ceuta
- Shopping in Ceuta
- Warnings and Dangers in Ceuta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ceuta
- 4 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ceuta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ceuta
Top 10 Pages
- Cardiff 22 reviews, 1 photo
- Krakow Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Oswiecim Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 2 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Canmore Intro, 9 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ceuta Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Jersey Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Benidorm 4 reviews