"The romance and lure of Madison County" Winterset by worldglobetrotter
Winterset Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 78 photos
Many of you are familiar with the wonderful book, "The Bridges of Madison County" by Robert James Waller and the equally wonderful movie starring Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep that made this small town a big hit with romantics and more.
In addition to visiting the covered bridges still standing, one can also visit John Wayne's birthplace, dine at the Northside Cafe (you can sit where Clint Eastwood sat...second barstool from the left) and marvel at the beauty of the court house.
- Pros:romance, intrigue, great photos
Around since 1876, you can grab a bite to eat at the Norhside Cafe made famous by the movie "The Bridges of Madison... more travel advice
It's really a very pretty court house nestled in the square in Winterset. There are several businesses in the area,... more travel advice
worldglobetrotter's Related Pages
Winterset Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Bridges of Madison County"
- "The romance and lure of Madison County"
- "Winterset - Madison County, Iowa"
- "John Wayne, Covered Bridges, Middle America"
- "Madison County and John Wayne"
- "Nobbe's new Winterset page"
- "Bridges of Madison County...so romantic! :)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Winterset
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Winterset?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winterset
Photos in WintersetSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maui Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Portland Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Omaha Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denver Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Winterset Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Chicago Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos