"Light-headed in Lovely Lhasa" Lhasa by nsbm
Lhasa Travel Guide: 512 reviews and 1,369 photos
A land dominated by an external power; abundant in history, culture and tradition-the people of Lhasa and all Tibet are soul-filled leaderless vessels limited by superpower 'soldiers' who comandeer their every move and limit their worship. Yet from vale to vale their peaceful spirits override the politburo and their existense seemingly equates to a blissful solitude.
Do everything right to combat the altitude. Unless you are use to living at height, start acclimatising early. Drink loads of water pre ascent. Try to go gradually from lower to higher altitudes eg beijing>Chengdu>lhasa. Sleep and eat well. Even then its gonna get you! Take it easy day one, buy oxygen if you need to and inhale-exhale and most of all relax! Soon you'll 'level-out' in Lhasa.
Across the globe in communities who experience internal suppression by an outward force, religion remains their hallmark of identity and freedom. Tibet is no different, with an exiled leader in India and limited access to the Potala Palace and other shrines, Tibetans celebrate their fate through faith.
- Pros:different, different, different
- Cons:governments regimental transformation of the cultural landscpae
- In a nutshell:Hard Place - Soft Peolple
Now up until recently you could either fly or take an excruciatingly long-bus journey to get to Lhasa. I chose to fly.... more travel advice
nsbm's Related Pages
Lhasa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lhasa, the pilgrim capital of Tibet"
- "LHASA AT LHAST!"
- "Lhasa, the capital of pilgrims"
- "Go to Lhasa before its ruined!!!"
- "Lhasa! Lookie Lookie!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lhasa
- Hotels in Lhasa
- Transportation in Lhasa
- Nightlife in Lhasa
- Restaurants in Lhasa
- Shopping in Lhasa
- Warnings and Dangers in Lhasa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lhasa
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Lhasa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lhasa
Top 10 Pages
- Grenada Intro, 37 reviews, 59 photos
- Port-of-Spain Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Chaguanas Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Prefecture de Butare Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kigali Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos