"Rwanda" Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda by nsbm
Rwanda Travel Guide: 390 reviews and 1,448 photos
The recent troubled history of genocide and civil war which lasted 100days in 1994 cannot be forgotten and should never be repeated. The land of one thousand hills and 'hundreds of lakes' is an extraordinary place where serene scenery and placid people greet you at every juncture. Rwanda is safe and secure; there is an overwhelming renaissance of Rwnadaise national pride and cultural reconstruction. It is full of sights and delights, waitng to be explored. If Rwanda is on your travel list there is no better time to Runaway to Rwanda...visit today you would want ot stay!
All throughout Rwanda you will see memorials in almost every ville. The repatriation and reconciiation of opposing factions has been phenomemnal and despite a troubled recent history it is hard to detect any form of previous political animosity among the population.
The two memorials that are a must are the Gisozi Memorial in Kigali and the Murambi Centre near Gikongoro, 35km west of Butare.
the life of Rwandaise is simple and subsistently rural. Poverty is pervasive but food is plentiful.......happy tummies and happy minds exist as almost all have access to and attend basic primary education.
The life of the ville is seen in the warm smiles of the children who make up over 60% of the population. Take time to talk with them as they all speak English, French and Kinyarwanda...thay are all friendly and not intimidating ...a simple 'wave & smile' goes a long way.
The villes along the route to other places are worth stopping at, especiallly if a market is on...there is always transoport during daylite hours....From kigali to anywhere walking among the localaties is superb...be sensible and you can wear jewllery and carry cameras! people are people.......
- In a nutshell:Pure & Peaceful
The security situation is not an issue. Despite the recent history there is a sense of calm and renewal. Safe to walk... more travel advice
Very cheap and always on time the Local Bus is also one seat per person and no overcrowding. Though swift, the minivans... more travel advice
nsbm's Related Pages
Rwanda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RELAXING RWANDA"
- "Without doubt, the cleanest country in Africa!"
- "Rwanda, "an elegant lady""
- "Stories from Rwanda"
- "Rwanda, extremely rewarding destination"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rwanda
- Hotels in Rwanda
- Transportation in Rwanda
- Nightlife in Rwanda
- Restaurants in Rwanda
- Shopping in Rwanda
- Warnings and Dangers in Rwanda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rwanda
- 58 Reviews
- 123 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Rwanda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rwanda
Top 10 Pages
- Grenada Intro, 37 reviews, 59 photos
- Port-of-Spain Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Chaguanas Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Prefecture de Butare Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kigali Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos