"Port-of-Spain" Port-of-Spain by nsbm
Port-of-Spain Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 93 photos
The capital city of Trinidad & Tobago. 60,000 folk live here and the greater metropolitan area figures around 250,000 trinis.
Busy & hectic centre with cool peripheries POS is the centre of haute couture, business and carnival joie de vivre. Its really one of the friendliest towns for tourists as there are so few! Forget the bad press, press on to POS...
Pick up the free widely available Discover Tinidad and Tobago publication for up to date info. Hey people check out the NEW POS in progress in the travelogue.
Queens Park Savannah the 'heart' of city life preserves the carnival color when its poui trees celebrate with pink and yellow foilage....Many of the citys major sites of all creeds are found around this large open 'roundabout' park...Known as Cumucarapo - 'place of the silk-cotton trees' by the Amerindian tribes; the Spanish renamed it 'Puerto de Hispanioles' which later became Puerto de Espana around 1560.....see things to do ...
POS became the capital in 1757. Don Maria Jose Chacon the last Spanish Governor developed the city until it was invaded & repatriated for the British in 1797.
The population of POS peaked @100 000 in the 1960s, but the current rejuvenation of the waterfront and the headquarters for the Caribbean States has given the city a long awaited facelift....
Knowsley A private residential mansion for the Gordon family, Knowsley was completed in 1904. Italian marble, Guyanese... more travel advice
National Museum & Art Gallery The National Museum is housed in the former Royal Victoria institute which was built in... more travel advice
nsbm's Related Pages
Port-of-Spain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Spain in winter"
- "Port of Spain, Trinidad - Surprisingly nice..."
- "The Land of the Humming bird, Calypso & Steel pan"
- "Now where is Trinidad again??"
- "24hours in Port of Spain"
- "Port of Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port-of-Spain
- Hotels in Port-of-Spain
- Transportation in Port-of-Spain
- Restaurants in Port-of-Spain
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port-of-Spain
- 21 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Port-of-Spain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port-of-Spain
Top 10 Pages
- Grenada Intro, 37 reviews, 59 photos
- Port-of-Spain Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rwanda Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Prefecture de Butare Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos
- Chaguanas Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kigali Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos