"home" Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City by jodssmile
Iowa City Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 161 photos
I live in Iowa City, Iowa.
It is a college town. Home of the Iowa Hawkeyes. Go Hawks!
The town is very safe.
It has the University of Iowa Hospital here which is currently the largest hospital in the world and also big in research and cutting- edge medicine.
Most of the locals have college-level education and majority with more.
With the large hospital and 2 others and medical schools, it seems like almost everyone here is a nurse or doctor, it's nuts.
" Good place to get hurt " is our town joke!
There are over 30,000 college students and they appear to be having a great time partying with one another almost always.
I can never figure out how they ever graduate.
Oh well, they are having fun!
- Pros:Friendly town, educated, and more liberal and non-judgemental town in Iowa
- Cons:If you dont like the Hawkeyes, you won't like Iowa City.
- In a nutshell:Great place to raise family, not big city excitement though
Coral Ridge Mall is Iowa's largest mall. It is geered more to a younger crowd (college age and young teens). It has your... more travel advice
People in Iowa are friendly and will often strike up a conversation with strangers. If your car breaks down, someone... more travel advice
jodssmile's Related Pages
Iowa City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iowa City Is A Great Town To Have Fun!"
- "Lovely place...."
- "Ah, youth..."
- "Former Capitol Now University Town"
- "Iowa City"
- "Capital of BOREDOM!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iowa City
- Hotels in Iowa City
- Transportation in Iowa City
- Nightlife in Iowa City
- Restaurants in Iowa City
- Shopping in Iowa City
- Warnings and Dangers in Iowa City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iowa City
- 10 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Iowa City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iowa City
Photos in Iowa CitySee All Photos (8)
- Dominican Republic Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Orlando Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Chicago Intro, 1 review
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
Latest Iowa City hotel reviews
- Travelodge Iowa City
- 137 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- HotelVetro Studio Suites & Convention Center
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Golden Haug Bed and Breakfast
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 23, 2012
- Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
- 202 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Alexis Park Inn And Suites
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013