"Running from Frances" Fort Pierce by Shetaur1962

Fort Pierce Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 112 photos

And then along came Jeanne

I, unfortunately, do not get to travel as much as I would like. I am a lover of animals and mother of a 23 year old, this has tied me down a bit. On September 2nd I found myself on a terrifying journey to rescue my two dogs, two cats and one horse. I left Fort Pierce at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday and 17 hours later arrived in Valdosta, Georgia, where I was forced to stop because one of the horses kept collapsing in the trailer from heat exhaustion (It should probably be explained that a trip from Fort Pierce, FL to Valdosta, GA usually takes 5 1/2 to 6 hours.) Believe me, don't try to evacuate at the same time 2.5 million other people are leaving pulling a horse trailer. All this for the love of my horse. Next time I will just put a hurricane collar on him and spray paint my telephone number on him with a cow marker.

And then along came Hurricane Jeanne..... Little did I know I would have the same chance of which I spoke just 3 weeks to the day of Hurricane Frances. Hurricane Jeanne came and yes, I stayed home! The horse had telephone numbers written all over him with marker... bright blue. We both came through finding that there was some comfort in the lack of drama.

Sweet home Tennessee

It is February 2005 and just about everything is cleaned up on the 22 acres, but the scars that Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne came to visit still remain. Time to bring some life to the ole homestead.... enter Sweet Tennessee. I fell in love with a precious rescued Thoroughbred mare and adopted her from a wonderful establishment called HOPE based in Palm City, Florida. She and Brio fell madly in love and I am sure the two of them will bring luck to the land this year in the upcoming hurricane season.

• Last visit to Fort Pierce: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2005

Comments

Shetaur1962 Lives Here!

Shetaur1962

“Always live in Shangri-La, if only in your mind.”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Fort Pierce

Have you been to Fort Pierce?

Latest Activity in Fort Pierce