Palamós Off The Beaten Path Tips by Helena1962
Palamós Off The Beaten Path: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Mediterranian seashore at Palamós
From this spot you can easily spend hours without even be aware of it. Once there you feel like you are alone and in the middle of the sea. And if there is nobody near you, it is an unforgettable experience.
To get there, you just go to the parallel street to Carrer Major (see my tip "Bodega Moreno" at Restaurant tips). If you look to the City Hall , face to your left and walk. All the street long and the next (About 600 mtrs).
I specially recommend it in the evening at dusk or very, very early in the morning, by sunrising.
Tuesday's market in Palamós
Every tuesday, from about 8:00 up to 13:00 hr. there is a market in Palamos.
There you can buy clothes (from newborns to elderly people); tools for kitchen; bags; shoes; music CD and tapes; books; little toys for kids; fabrics;... A wide range of articles. Most of them are pretty cheap.
I recommend you to visit it, but watch out the pickpockets (petty thieves).
Similar markets are held all over the week at different towns in the surroundings.
And at the beginning of this market you can find food (specially but not only) vegetables and fruits sold by the farmers that live nearby Palamos. These foods are sold on saturdays, at the same place, as well.
This market is held right behind the post office.
More Reviews (17)
- See All A little trip around Palamós
- See All Do u like it more intimate on the beach?
- "Sardana" - very nice catalan folklore
- windsurfing /sailing
Helena1962's Related Pages
Palamós Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Hometown Palamós"
- "Palamos - a little place at the Costa Brava"
- "Palamos - the town with fishermen's charm"
- "A good reference point"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palamós
- Hotels in Palamós
- Transportation in Palamós
- Nightlife in Palamós
- Restaurants in Palamós
- See All...
Explore the World
- Le Mans Off The Beaten Path
- Møre og Romsdal Off The Beaten Path
- Bisbee Off The Beaten Path
- Harbin Off The Beaten Path
- Cheltenham Off The Beaten Path
- Chichester Off The Beaten Path
- Ulcinj Off The Beaten Path
- Paderborn Off The Beaten Path
- Castrop-Rauxel Off The Beaten Path
- Ethiopia Off The Beaten Path
- Cardiff Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Palamós
- 19 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Palamós?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palamós
Photos in PalamósSee All Photos (51)
Top 5 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 63 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palamós Intro, 19 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Munich 2 reviews
- Berlin 1 review
- Budapest 1 review
Latest Palamós hotel reviews
- La Malcontenta Hotel
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 16, 2013